Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2017, 02:17 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
Just received a PM from Mary , they are on their way to the Grand Canyon, no trouble with the MH for two days and Newmar is aware of their journey to Calif.

Once more 007 takes it upon himself, and comes through. Roger, you are the Gold Standard!
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2017, 03:12 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerj View Post
Thanks 007 for all the things you do for the Newmar forum. I don't know what we would do without you.
I will second that...
Thanks for helping all of us but special thanks for stepping in on this one.
Hope their journey gets a little smoother.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:45 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Just a couple things from a fellow 2016 owner. Newmar is a stand up company and if you can talk to the right person I’m sure they will make sure your journey is what you hoped for.

We bought ours new and have been living in it from day 1. We have had almost zero problems with it, and it’s been a great experience. That said, anything as complex as these motor homes will have some issues after sitting for a while. Sounds like you’re experiencing those things. However once you have them sorted I’m sure you will have many trouble free miles like we have. Best of luck.
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:58 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefield View Post
I've ran into several issues with a VEntanna 4002 in the 6 months Ive had it which has been frustrating also. Nothing like the original posters issues it seems but has affected travels on test runs. AC unit died and needed replacing, pump in Oasis unit died and will be getting replaced soon, window insulation pulling up form some corners to be fixed when I get to the service center one day. Other nitnoid things more operator headspace such as moving from my old gas stovetop to an induction model not realizing the pots wouldn't work when transferring over and camping near the dealer.

IN it all I'll give Newmar credit that their service line during and after hours has tried hard to get things right and worked with me on being able to use repair folks near me vs requiring me to go to a center since I'm not near any.
Welcome to the forum and irv2,lefield
Missed you earlier, many problems over the years have been preserved in the QT's links below in my signature.
This link for TSB's allows you to keep track of problems with your coach model that other members may have experienced.
Nobody wants problem but it happens to the best of us even I in three of my Newmars.
Just driving on our roads will shake things up your house is not on a firm foundation.
In the TECH INFO link below it will explain some of the problems to look for.
I hope your problems are taken care of soon so you can enjoy this lifestyle, enjoy the forums and safe travels ahead.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:27 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waywards View Post
Newmar diesel pushers can have up to 5 miles (yes, miles) of wire in them. I'm amazed they don't have more electrical problems. I bought new and have had to return 3 times to fix stuff like hydraulic lines and wiper motors. Still have an outstanding issue with the dash lights flickering I'm hoping to have fixed when I return next month for my 4th visit.

I'm new at the RV thing but I figured from day one that maintenance would be an ongoing thing. Rather than get frustrated I decided that it's simply part of the MH experience and roll with it. So far the good has way out-weighed the bad.

To quote Steve Jobs, "The journey is the reward".
The dash lights flickering is a long known problem with the LBCU and is a Freightliner issue. There are several threads about this.

FL recently rolled out a fix which is a reflash of the LBCU. I had mine done at Gaffney but unsure if the fix is at any dealers yet. The "Low Battery Voltage!" warning is also a bug which is related to this.
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:56 AM   #34

Things are going better

Thank you all for all of your responses. I read each and every one of them. We fortunately have not had any trouble with our RV. We are currently heading to Vegas. Sorry for the delay in my response, but the wifi hasn't been the greatest. Thank you all again.

Mary & Pino Pizzurro
Tampa, FL
2016 Ventana 4311
marypizzurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:46 AM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mary you got up early this morning, I was just coming on and answered a PM FOR A FUTURE NewAire owner and I see you here.
So glad the trip is going well and the visits to sites are there for you all enjoyment, many different landscapes out in the west.
Enjoy your continued trip, pray's for you all.
Safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:00 AM   #36

Mary,
Sorry to hear about your Rv issues, and really sorry to hear about your child. I think it’s wonderful you are hitting the road and sharing those experiences.

I can certainly empathize with you on the new rv issues. We are on our 3rd Newmar in 2 years. We started with a Ventana, upgraded to a DSDP and then an Essex.
The ventana had some minor issues that we addressed in a couple shakedown trips and dealer visit. The DSDP took several trips to try and work out the gremlins, until we got tired of dealing with them. So we “upgraded” again to an Essex. Again we tried several shakedown trips to work out the kinks but to no avail. It seems when you upgrade the coach you upgrade the length and complexity of your repair list.
I won’t go into a dissertation on the issues we’ve had and are having, but suffice it to say Newmar will have our coach for over 1 month to work everything out or I expect them to take it back. (80 items and growing)

I believe they are honest people who are trying, but so many of the issues could and should have been addressed prior to delivery. There were open recalls that the dealer (North Trail) was aware of and didn’t address Steps, Slide, paint,chassis. And their were clearly factory quality issues that were turned a blind eye. So it’s clear there is little accountability from factory to dealer, and the factory qa process is lacking.

I think until we as consumers stop accepting and rationalizing these deficiencies we can expect to have regularly occurring significant issues in new rv products. Given my experience with new coaches I would recommend people to buy older less used rv s and then just work everything out with a good chassis shop and rv tech. They are out there and in the end you get exactly what you pay for....which is far from the case on most new coaches.

If you are going to buy new I encourage you to be persistent and not accept anything (including the minor stuff) less than what was advertised and sold. If enough of us hold the industry accountable and refuse to pay premium for sub par quality and service we will ultimately get the quality from the dealers and factory...if for no other reason than it’s hard to build/sell next years coaches when your factory/dealer lot is filled with last years product in for repair.

All that being said, I wouldn’t give up this lifestyle, and as long as it’s safe I won’t let a component failure ruin an experience. We’ve been in our coaches for 10 of the last 12 months and the experiences have been priceless.

Tags
rust, vent, ventana