Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2019, 08:27 AM   #85

Love the slide for the pet idea! LOL!!!
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2019, 08:29 AM   #86

can`t dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark N. View Post
I'm 65. Most of my good RVing years are behind me now. I've been pulling something or other nonstop since I was 25 with our first tent trailer.
Happy for you.

I think the best one so far is the guy that forgot his wife at the check out station. That could be a bad thing or come to think about it maybe not.
BSHGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:46 AM   #87

Campground etiquette

So why is it that you are in a campground for a week or more and the only time anyone wants to talk to you is when you are hooking up? When I see someone hooking up I will pass them by knowing that any conversation will distract them from the task of hooking up.
Irvwith2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 11:04 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
With the car in neutral how in the hell do you get anywhere?
I truly LOL to that one! I love this forum! Seriously, I have gleaned so much useful knowledge here too, (besides the occasional hysteria) thanks to everyone.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:39 AM   #89

While sitting and "camp watching" I saw a 5th wheel come in the wrong direction and then attempt to back into his site. The front of the 5er rubbed the back window of the truck until it exploded. I went over to help rescue the poor frightened dogs while the folks sorted out their mess. Turns out it was a maiden voyage to work out the "kinks" and they lived only x miles away, that was a good plan and one I have remembered. Work out the kinks close to home.
Reading this thread has given me many more good idea's on organization and safety. I'm not as sharp as I use to be (mum's the word) and need all the help I can get.
Thanks all
Old 08-31-2019, 03:48 PM   #90

My wife and I bought new ebikes and also a bike trailer to handle both bikes. Hooked up trailer to MH and off we went to a state park in AZ a few hours from the house. Got to our site and began setting up. We found we were on a level pad so I opened up the 3 slides. One of the slides is a rear slide to extend bed and without thinking about bikes opened up the slide. I had the slide just about fully extended and realized the bikes were back there and brought the slide back in panicking that I just wrecked 2 expensive bikes and a trailer. Funny thing is I never heard any sound or the slide didn’t sound forced while opening it. I felt like an idiot and my wife wasn’t helping that out either. We inspected the bikes after getting them off the trailer hitch and they were ok. Phew. The center post on the trailer was snapped off at the base though so on the way back we had to squeeze both bikes inside the coach but we did it. I was able to repair the post by removing the broken piece inside the sleeve it was bolted into and drilled new holes in the post and bolted it back in place. Good to go. Pole is just 2” shorter. So most incidents happen when leaving, mine was setting up. I won’t forget that anymore.
kevd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 07:55 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
I watched the gasser next to me puling out. He was running over his electrical cord with his back tires, paying it outta his electrical bay as he went. I got him to stop with a loud STOP! command in my best USMC Drill Sgt voice. Scared the living stuff outta everyone in earshot, but saved him pile o' cash at the cost of a little embarrassment.
That would be "Drill Instructor".

The Army has drill sergeants.
Smokey3214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:04 PM   #92

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamicamper View Post
Thanks Mr Perfect
He's probably the kind of person who has NEVER made a mistake. He thought he did one time but he was WRONG...! LOL
Old 09-01-2019, 08:28 AM   #93

I put a orange ribbon on the crank for tv antennae with my toad keys on it. Reminds me to prep the car for the day and to crank antennae down.
billtak23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 01:47 PM   #94

Pilots make mistakes all the time,
unfortunately for them most don’t survive to learn.
pobstlmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 03:04 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobstlmo View Post
Pilots make mistakes all the time,
unfortunately for them most don’t survive to learn.
I read an article many years ago where Eddie Rickenbacker was quoted as saying that he'd made every mistake in the book .... once. He said the key to his success was that once he'd made a mistake he didn't do that again.

I don't even know where I read it now, but it stuck.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:04 PM   #96

I asked my grand daughter to check the manual levelers before we departed, however she forgot to check the front. When pulling forward we didn't go very far. Since then I have always checked everything twice before departing.
franklin99 is offline   Reply With Quote