Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2018, 08:33 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum and irv2.
A link to help you around irv2.
This is a important link for Newmar owners.
All the links below in my signature have answers for your Newmar.
Congrats on your coach and welcome to the Newmar family.
Enjoy your coach and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2018, 01:05 AM   #16
dp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFather415 View Post
Long time lurking in the background. I haven't posted because I have been able to sort through things via the search function. I have a 2018 DSDP 4018. I am currently camping in SC and it is raining and chilly. I turned on the Oasis furnace to warm the coach. This was more to test the system than due to the HP's not keeping up. Everything was fine, registers were blowing heat and temp was rising. Fans were on at the registers and the diesel burner was firing. About a half hour in I noticed the cabin had filled with smoke. Not a crazy amount but definitely enough to cause more than a little concern. I shut down the furnace at the HVAC control and the diesel burner. No obvious source inside the coach. Checked basement and Oasis compartment and found nothing of concern. Anyone have any insight into this? Thanks.

You mentioned that you had been running the heat pumps. You might want to see if the heat pumps and AC are still working. My coach filled with a smoky haze one night while running the heat pumps. At first I thought there was a fire, but it did not set off the smoke alarm. I aired out the coach & could not figure what caused the haze. The following morning neither the HP or AC would work. It was then I realized that the rear HP had dumped its refrigerant into the coach, causing the haze. Had the unit checked & sure enough, no refrigerant. A few weeks later the front dometic AC also failed & lost its refrigerant. This time it was expelled outside instead of into the coach. Not impressed with dometic quality!
Old 03-13-2018, 01:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp7 View Post
You mentioned that you had been running the heat pumps. You might want to see if the heat pumps and AC are still working. My coach filled with a smoky haze one night while running the heat pumps. At first I thought there was a fire, but it did not set off the smoke alarm. I aired out the coach & could not figure what caused the haze. The following morning neither the HP or AC would work. It was then I realized that the rear HP had dumped its refrigerant into the coach, causing the haze. Had the unit checked & sure enough, no refrigerant. A few weeks later the front dometic AC also failed & lost its refrigerant. This time it was expelled outside instead of into the coach. Not impressed with dometic quality!
That sounds like fun. The HP and A/C are good. I returned home today and fired the furnace. I left the windows open and let it run for about 90 minutes. Everything appears to be happy.

This forum has been a great source of information for me prior to and after my purchase. Thanks guys!
DogFather415 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, furnace