Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2016, 12:22 PM   #1

Heartland RV Club
Furnace Problem In 2014 DSDP

We spend the winter in St.Augustine Florida therefore seldom use our Oasis fired furnace. But I regularly check things just to be sure they work if I need them. The other day, when it was cooler, I tried to set the Dometic thermostat for zone 1 and 3 to the "Furn" setting to make sure that function was operating as it should. Zone 1 was set but zone 3 didn't even show the "Furn" option on the thermostat display. We used the furnace several times this year while in Alaska and out west so I know it was available and functioning earlier this year. We did have to replace the third A/C unit in the fall and it was supposedly replaced by an identical unit as the original. My questions... does anyone know if this might indicate a thermostat issue, or should I be looking for a loose wire from the A/C unit?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2016, 12:28 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenStMary View Post
We spend the winter in St.Augustine Florida therefore seldom use our Oasis fired furnace. But I regularly check things just to be sure they work if I need them. The other day, when it was cooler, I tried to set the Dometic thermostat for zone 1 and 3 to the "Furn" setting to make sure that function was operating as it should. Zone 1 was set but zone 3 didn't even show the "Furn" option on the thermostat display. We used the furnace several times this year while in Alaska and out west so I know it was available and functioning earlier this year. We did have to replace the third A/C unit in the fall and it was supposedly replaced by an identical unit as the original. My questions... does anyone know if this might indicate a thermostat issue, or should I be looking for a loose wire from the A/C unit?
My guess only: Jumper switches not set correctly on third AC. I replaced two AC units this year, and I checked mine while the techs were still on roof top. I called out no Furnace control, they replied jumpers not set correctly, 5 minutes later all was good.

Old 12-21-2016, 02:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder4 View Post
My guess only: Jumper switches not set correctly on third AC. I replaced two AC units this year, and I checked mine while the techs were still on roof top. I called out no Furnace control, they replied jumpers not set correctly, 5 minutes later all was good.
+1. dip switch on new AC unit not properly set. Happens all the time
Old 12-21-2016, 02:19 PM   #4

Like Terry said I am sure it is the dip switches . All A/C units come preset for the front unit if you replace unit 2 or 3 you need to set dip switchs to match the unit you are replacing. Call Dometic they will let you know the location of the switches.
David D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 05:35 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Make sure your fan switch is set to AUTO.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:07 AM   #6

Heartland RV Club
Thanks For The Solution

Thanks to those that replied to my request for information. I will look into the dip switch settings.

Tags
ace, furnace