Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2008, 12:19 PM   #29
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I've been on the site many times with no problems.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #30

I'll be at Newmar two weeks from tomorrow for this same dreaded Dometic NDA1402 not cooling problem. Hopefully there will be a fix, I really don't think I can handle going round and round over this problem. Obviously Newmar's design not properly venting the rear of the reefer properly makes this more of a Newmar problem than a Dometic one.

CSX4350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:20 PM   #31
Administrator Emeritus

John, I am afraid you're right....

Fans,fans and more fans seems to be what they're throwing at the issue.

I might add that Dirk has a roof vented NDA1402 and still developed the issue.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:52 PM   #32

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jetsmania:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not my computer and not my server as we have tried at maybe ten different WiFi spots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi! I have no problem flying thru it. Maybe try clearing out you cache? Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With two computers-no luck does not work, but everything else we try does work fine(including all the competior sites). With a third computer works but problems within the Newmar site once you get there(pages over lapped ,etc.). Still think they have some serious site problems!!
Old 06-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dave are you using this link Newmar Corp.com found in Topic above. Just tried it and its fast for me.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:02 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Back to refrige problems Dometic or Norcold this LINK is about FANS and where GaryKD found out he had no fans on his Dometic and added one in his lower vent port so his refrige would operate correctly.
Other problems found with your refrige is in a slide, with a upper vent in slide, the baffles were missing to direct the hot air out of the rear of refrige cooling coils and hot air was getting trapped in upper vent location.
Someone has suggested placing cooling fans in the upper vent location which seems like a good the more heat you can get out from the rear of your refrige the better.
This problem on both refriges has been around for a couple of years and it still is the FANS and the need for them. The thermister switch, which controls the fans, has been found to be defective also once you have the fans operating and controlled correctly by thermal switch the problems will be a thing of the past.
You will hear your fans cycle on and off on a warm day.
Dometic needs the fans, if you do not have them, and GaryKD's fix has worked for him.
The cooling coil replacements maybe be needed, just not sure the heat is causing their failures. BUT you need the fans for proper operation of your refrige.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #35

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
I might add that Dirk has a roof vented NDA1402 and still developed the issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AHHH, that changes it up a bit. This is my first Dometic, my others were Norcold and I never had a problem with them. I am really wishing that my coach had the all electric option with a residential reefer.
I do have factory fans in the back of my reefer, at first the fuse for the fans was blown and the replacement blew immediately too. They had a one amp fuse for two fans. I slapped a two amp in there and the fans work fine now, however it made no difference at all in the way the reefer cools (or doesn't cool).
I have noticed that Newmar doesn't seem to be using this reefer much, if at all, recently. That kind of tells me something. I would be willing to pay for an upgrade as long as it works. I just want to be able to keep food cold/frozen as a refrigerator is supposed to do. It doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

CSX4350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #36

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by "007":
Dave are you using this link Newmar Corp.com found in Topic above. Just tried it and its fast for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, just tried it and no luck! Was able to send 80 photos in less than 3 minutes so the server(WiFi) is fine.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:53 AM   #37
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I might add that Dirk has a roof vented NDA1402 and still developed the issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My fridge worked perfectly for 18 months.

Right now it appears that the thermistor or thermostat that controls the fans has failed.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:48 AM   #38

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dav5942:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by "007":
Dave are you using this link Newmar Corp.com found in Topic above. Just tried it and its fast for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, just tried it and no luck! Was able to send 80 photos in less than 3 minutes so the server(WiFi) is fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave, please try the following for me:

Start
Run
Type 'cmd'
A black window will open
Type 'nslookup www.newmarcorp.com'
Copy the response
Type 'ping www.newmarcorp.com'
Copy the response

Wife, 3 kids, and mother-in-law
Nathan Focht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:58 AM   #39

Nathan, tried it got "2 second timeout" nothing else. Still does not work. Dave

'08 Grandchildren Tour
Old 06-30-2008, 04:13 AM   #40

That is the issue. so some reason your connection does not know where the website is.

Here is what you should see:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Nathan&gt;nslookup www.newmarcorp.com

Server: UnKnown
Address: 10.10.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: www.newmarcorp.com
Address: 72.52.216.211

C:\Documents and Settings\Nathan&gt;ping www.newmarcorp.com

Pinging www.newmarcorp.com [72.52.216.211] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 72.52.216.211: bytes=32 time=196ms TTL=46
Reply from 72.52.216.211: bytes=32 time=430ms TTL=46
Reply from 72.52.216.211: bytes=32 time=351ms TTL=46
Reply from 72.52.216.211: bytes=32 time=272ms TTL=46

Ping statistics for 72.52.216.211:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 196ms, Maximum = 430ms, Average = 312ms

C:\Documents and Settings\Nathan&gt;

Old 06-30-2008, 04:14 AM   #41

Try just entering the IP address

Old 06-30-2008, 04:37 AM   #42

Spike,
That's not necessarily true. If I bought a new house with a GE fridge then everything in that new house supplied by the contractor would be under the statutory warranty of the state in which is was built and it would be the builders legal obligation to repair or replace the GE fridge and anything else until such time as the warranty expired.

I don't know about the laws of the state in which you live, but in Louisiana warranties for RV's and boats are treated in the same manner.

Also, I find it interesting that I'm hearing there are others with similar problems because I specifically asked Jeff Johnson at Newmar if this problem was unique to my coach or if Newmar had a application problem with this Dometic model. He assured me that Newmar had no other problems with this model fridge installed in 2007 model 4523's.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spikester:
KayJay and others who are having trouble with Dometic Refrigerators.

Sounds to me that Newmar is trying its best to help you solve a problem with another manufactures equipment. If Newmar has installed the units per the manufactures (Dometic) instructions then it sounds to me that the problem should be blamed on Dometic for not providing a product that operates as advertised, not Newmar. It does not seem fair to be placing blame on Newmar for a component they purchased and installed from someone else. Remember Newmar cannot make modifications to Dometic equipment without voiding the warranty, so they are held a bit hostage by Dometic. Unfortunately you are caught in the middle.

I bet if you bought a new house with appliances in it and the GE refrigerator was giving you problems you wouldn't be blaming the contractor for building a bad house, you probably would be after GE big time!

Spike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
kayjay is offline   Reply With Quote