Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2014, 02:46 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to millerj Send a message via Yahoo to millerj
GE Convection Microwave Model Number

Can someone tell me what model number GE Profile convection microwave comes installed from the factory? I have the Frigidaire convection oven and want to replace it with the GE model. I want the best one I can get since this is the only oven we have.

Thanks in advance,

Jack
millerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2014, 03:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerj View Post
Can someone tell me what model number GE Profile convection microwave comes installed from the factory? I have the Frigidaire convection oven and want to replace it with the GE model. I want the best one I can get since this is the only oven we have.

Thanks in advance,

Jack
Jack,

Last weekend, I had the Frigidaire replaced with the Profile series GE Advantium oven and it was a perfect fit. Not knowing if you are looking for the black or SST, any of the Profile models will fit.

If you are preparing to do the install, the tech's at Northtrails could not use the screws for the vertical installation from top down, so they used 4 screws from the top front into the header at an angle. (Hope this explanation was clear.)
Old 02-27-2014, 03:11 PM   #3

Here's the repair manual on my GE in my Essex. I believe they have an upgraded model # but you can get the sizes off it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GE SCA1001 Microwave Repair guide and scematic.pdf (860.7 KB, 56 views)
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #4

Sorry. Here's the install manual
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dispatcher.pdf (2.35 MB, 66 views)
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Jack.....I pulled the Frigidaire model out today with some surprises. Typically, a plate is mounted on the back wall, the microwave is rested on the plate and tilted up. Once it's tilted up, there are two bolts installed down through the top of the microwave holding it in place.

Newmar didn't make the cabinet above the microwave deep enough to use the two bolts used in a house installation. Instead, they drove six 2" screws down through the frame into the top of the microwave. This works fine, there is nothing important at the top, just sheet metal.

Here is where the first surprise comes in.....I removed the six screws and tilted the microwave forward, but it wouldn't lift off of the rear bracket. Instead, it was pulling the wood loose from behind the microwave. I took a light and looked under the microwave to see that they drove two screws through the back of the microwave and into the back support. Once the screws were removed, the microwave came off the bracket.

Now for the second surprise. In all the microwaves I've installed, the backing plate that mounts to the wall is usually the same size as the back of the microwave (approximately 15" x 30") giving you many spots to secure the plate to the wall.

Once I removed the microwave, there was a 3" x 30" tin plate screwed to the bottom of the back wall where the microwave rests before you tilt it up. This is the only bracket used on the Frigidaire microwave. The tin plate was attached to a piece of 1/4" plywood that was the same size as the plate. The plywood was only attached with a couple of screws and staples. This surprised the heck out of me. I doubt the microwave would stay attached for along.

Even though they used just a small piece of plywood, there was a second larger piece 12" x 30" attached about 2" higher. None of the microwave plating was attached to this more substantial plywood backing.

Luckily, the new Sharp backing plate was full size and allowed me to attach it in numerous places to the larger piece of plywood. The Sharp also uses (2) 12" long bolts that angle from the bottom front of the microwave, at a 45 degree angle, through the microwave housing to a couple of bolts built in to the backing plate. I tighten these down and then used the six 2" screws through the top of the microwave to finish.

I'm confident it won't fall out now, but have been surprised to see some things well built and some things not so much.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #6

Can someone tell me what model number GE Profile convection microwave comes installed from the factory?

My GE Profile is Model #JMV1490BH 02 - Manufactured 2005
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
My 2014 Essex is GE model #PSA1201RSS01
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
My Microwave in the 2011 DSDP is a GE Profile JMV1790BK_01 ,
it is Black.
Siggy
siggyd is offline   Reply With Quote