Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2019, 08:43 AM   #1

Geico Insurance Tell Me Your Experience

Hello all,

I just received my renewal for Progressive and it went up $400.00. Ii have seen Geico recommended here and gave them a call. They can save me $900.00 a year only loosing agreed upon value which I will be loosing in a year since my coach will be over 5 years old.

Please let me know your experiences with them, good, bad or indifferent.

Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #2

GEICO

I have got GEICO, and they were cheaper than any of the other main stream insurance companies. My cost is just over 1500 a year. I haven’t had any claims so I can’t say how they would handle any increases if any at all. Roadside assistance is part of my policy. I have a 500 dollar deductible. I am happy with the lizard so for. Hope this helps.

JMcG. 2016 VTDP 3725
JMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:55 AM   #3

I've had all of my 5 vehicles and Dual Sport MC insured through Geico for years. The only claim came LITERALLY THE DAY AFTER my daughter had signed up with her new car. A shopping cart blew across the parking lot in Chicago and cracked the whole front bumper. Geico's customer service was second-to-none, we pulled into a climate-controlled shop, they gave the estimate, and we drove off to the dealer for the repair.

Since then, we've talked and shopped, and wound up insuring our DS with them for better rates and coverage than any other companies. I've heard good things about RV claims with them.

Geico also includes Roadside Assistance.
CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 12:45 PM   #4

following
Old 09-15-2019, 03:43 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Geico

We have been a Geico customer for 6 years, we claimed the DS windshield and
when someone backed into our tow vehicle both were handled with the best customer service possible. Rates are good.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
garybtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:39 PM   #6

GEICO

We have had GEICO for 25-30 years. Never had a claim for either of our RVs but have been happy with a few fender benders they handled with the normal vehicles.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:54 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
No claims for MH. Several for cars over the years. Pleased with their service. Switched to Allstate for lower rates. Horrible service. Going back to GEICO
Old 09-16-2019, 05:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresdogsr View Post
Hello all,

I just received my renewal for Progressive and it went up $400.00. Ii have seen Geico recommended here and gave them a call. They can save me $900.00 a year only loosing agreed upon value which I will be loosing in a year since my coach will be over 5 years old.

Please let me know your experiences with them, good, bad or indifferent.

Thanks.
I have Geico auto - great rates, good coverage, have one claim paid them immediately no questions asked - that was on car. I have Hartford ARP motorhome coverage - love them. Have had claims, great coverage no questions. They are stated value coverage - actually I like that coverage better. I am paying for $300,000 coverage, high limit BI and PD, $1000 deductible - 2020 coach - $1,200 per year. I live in Central Florida. Hope this helps.
Gamaliel Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:13 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hi, I have multiple vehicles in multiple states. I've had five teenagers in the past, so I know about fiing claims and customer service. In my experience, State Farm has the worst customer service. I've had to engage attorneys twice and go to third party arbitration once to get a minimal settlement. You need the patience of Job and be willing to accept a pittance with State Farm. On the other hand, I've never had a problem with Geico. They are my preferred company, no question.

Geico does not always offer financially competitive products and definitely does not offer products for farmers. It always pays to shop, and for me, I'm willing to pay a little more to go with Geico just because of their excellent customer service.

Hope that helps.
ericllucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:23 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
By the way, if you are insuring your RV, read the fine print. I originally insured my RV with Good Sam /GMAC. I happen to live in Florida. Oh, as happens, a little wind storm called a hurricane came a calling. I called GMAC for some reason and they said, by the way, your policy requires that you get your RV at least 150 miles away from the centerline of the predicted path of the storm. I said, what? They said, the RV is not covered if you don't evacuate it from the area of the storm. Tropical storms, hurricanes, I am required to leave. Sure, I am bugging out for serious hurricanes. Tropical storms however aren't such a big deal.

Geico doesn't have that requirement.

Read the fine print. RV insurance is not always like automobile insurance.
ericllucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 06:20 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We switched to GEICO when Natonal General bumped our rates 30% with no claims after being with them for 3 years.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:07 PM   #12

I use Geico and they are wonderful! Had Progressive and the same thing happened; huge increase in policy premium with NO claims at all!!! I switched to Geico and no problems. Full glass on front window too and they are easy to work with. Had a claim with my car (someone hit me from behind) and they were terrific!
Daryl molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:07 AM   #13

My cars are with GEICO and my coach was with National General. Nation General just doubled my rate and so I tried GEICO and they now would insure my coach. GEICO was less than half the National General premium. I am now with GEICO.

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:16 AM   #14

Thanks for all the info. Sounds like Geico treats you well. We decided to stick with Progressive for at least one more year due to the agreed upon value. We will see what next September brings in terms of increases. Thanks again.

Tags
insurance