RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2019, 07:37 PM   #1
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
GFCI Outlets - Provide your locations

Many times people have come on here and asked about dead circuits associated with their GFCI's. Newmar seems to hide some of the GFCI's, or at least puts them in out of the way places. I thought we could start a thread where everyone identifies where theirs are located and after a month or so I'll produce a document that "007" can as a Sticky or to the Mod lists. If you know what each one protects, you add that info too.

I'll start:

2019 Dutch Star 4018
- 1 under cabinet above kitchen sink
- 2 located in the electrical cabinet, half bath (no outlets) used for heated floors
- 1 located inside the half bath medicine cabinet (operates bedroom outlets and televator)

Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2019, 09:14 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2019 - 4369 DSDP: Sames as Dutchstar Don's excpet the 2 in the 1/2 bath electrical area are working outlets. Not much use with the doors closed, as there is very little clearance.

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:39 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have two - one in the bathroom adjacent to the sink, and the other is under the kitchen cabinet by the sink.
jt
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
Have two - one in the bathroom adjacent to the sink, and the other is under the kitchen cabinet by the sink.
jt
Same on my 99.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:52 PM   #5

Couldn't list them all by heart but found out the hard way that the half bath GFCI and basement GFCI that the HDMI balons are plugged into are on the same circuit.
tnedator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:19 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Same on my 99.
Same on my 98 HR
lawjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:47 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Couldn't list them all by heart but found out the hard way that the half bath GFCI and basement GFCI that the HDMI balons are plugged into are on the same circuit.
To elaborate a bit, now that I'm on a computer. I was trying to isolate which outlets were on which circuit breaker, so if I chose to run some electric heaters, I could put them on different circuits.

I was using a small outlet tester when doing this, and when I was done, I must have accidentally hit the GFCI test button on it before pulling it out of the half batch outlet.

Later that night I had no satellite TV. I thought I must have lost the sat or possibly the SWM power injector or something, and when I started searching, I found the spot in the basement where both the SWM power injector and the Ethernet to HDMI balons were plugged in and there was no power.

If I remember correctly, these basement (some standard and 2 or 3 I had added as specials) are all GFCI and I can't remember if they all also have their own internal breakers or are just labeled as such.

Anyway, point is that if you have no power in the basement, it could be a tripped GFCI up top or vice versa.
tnedator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:23 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2016 Ventana 4002

Basement GFCI stand-alone

1/2 bath GFCI controls: labeled as GFCI controlled: basement, bedroom and full bath. Not labeled: outside TV and central Vac.

Kitchen sink area: stand-alone

stang37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat