Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2019, 04:58 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Glow in the Dark Tape

All - Back a few weeks, there was a lot of discussion on seeing the locks on the emergency exit in the bathroom. OK, I searched this forum for that thread, and I got several hundred hits, but not the article I wanted, this Forum has changed the search parameters. But I was looking for something else and ran across this item, glow in the dark tape. I believe putting this around the locking area of the door in question might help at night or when dark. Here is the link. I am going to get one roll not sure which color yet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...language=en_US

And found this also, I'm getting this one, now use cardboard box, and it's not good. This would be perfect, one for RV, and one for home.
https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Howell-B...language=en_US
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2019, 07:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-RVer View Post
And found this also, I'm getting this one, now use cardboard box, and it's not good. This would be perfect, one for RV, and one for home.
I bought one of these last week and am very happy with the purchase. Having the battery tester as part of the kit is terrific. Like you, we had a cardboard box with a mixture of batteries...not always sure which ones were good or not so good.
BuckyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 08:41 PM   #3
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-RVer View Post
All - Back a few weeks, there was a lot of discussion on seeing the locks on the emergency exit in the bathroom. OK, I searched this forum for that thread, and I got several hundred hits, but not the article I wanted, this Forum has changed the search parameters. But I was looking for something else and ran across this item, glow in the dark tape. I believe putting this around the locking area of the door in question might help at night or when dark. Here is the link. I am going to get one roll not sure which color yet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...language=en_US

Is this the "emergency exit" thread you were looking for?

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/emer...es-437919.html

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:49 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Yes, how far back was it, I went 10 pages back and could not find it, then did search and got over 500 pages with some reference in it. I wonder if putting my search string in quotes would exclude everything not connected all the words but the whole string? If you know I would appreciate the information. I suspect I should post the link there too, since it would be a good thing for that place in MH.
Thank you for finding it.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:53 AM   #5

I guess I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish. Is this for something in your coach? If concerned about seeing a door lock at night why not just have a small flashlight available?
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:06 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
If I have fire in coach, don't want to try to find/fumble for flashlight, want to get the heck out of it fast. The reflective tape highlights the locking mechanism and then I can get out of that door if necessary quick. If you have not read thread on inverter fire, please do,. that is what led up to this thread sort of, but really it's the Emergency Door that peaked everyone's interest. I don't want to leave door unlocked, but want to know which way to turn locks, so I don't have to think because of being stressed out over fire.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:04 AM   #7

Okay, gottcha. I had read that other thread but I guess I just didn't think that any type of reflective tape would help much if you woke up to a smoke filled motorhome. But to each their own, if it makes you feel more secure then go for it.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote