Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2017, 03:30 AM   #1
PhB

Jayco Owners Club
Gorgeous LADP

https://youtu.be/iyaAnFx2EMo

I'm considering a high-end DP in a few years and Angie from NIRVC put this out yesterday. She also summarized some of the differences for me between the London Aire and the Essex models as follows:

Both Essex & London AIre are 605hp on Freightliner SL or Spartan K3 w/ STAR Foundation

Essex has 270 Amp Alternator vs 240 amp

12.1 Digital Glass Dash vs Std automotive style gauges on the London Aire

Dual 10” Touch Screen Nav/Radio/ Side Cameras w/ Opt 360HD View on Essex vs 7” non touch Screen/optional NAV & Optional non HD 360 View

Power Steering Column w/ Memory seats, steering wheel & Mirrors on Essex vs Manual Adjustments on London Aire

Trip Info System w/ Tire Monitor System Std on Essex vs Optional Trip Info System w/ no Tire Monitor

Optional Remote Backup Camera w/ Dash Control vs N/A on LADP

Sony Z pad for Whole house control System on the Essex

Wifi Ranger STd w/ optional Wineguard vs Options for either on London Aire

Web Based “My Rosie” app for complete remote access w/ streamimg capabilities vs N/A on London Aire

5 Exterior Paint Sand & Buff Processes on The Essex vs 2 Sand & Buffs on the London Aire

Girard Patio, Slide Toppers & Power Window Std vs Optional on London Aire

Essex Wood Finish includes 3 day, 6 step including hand sanding twice process vs a 1 day 4 step single hand sand finish

Std Features on Essex include, Ext Freezer, Safe, LED Lights under door side Slide out, sleep # bed vs Options on the London Aire

Dovetail drawer Construction on Essex vs Staple & Glue on London Aire

Touchless Galley Faucet on Essex vs Std Touch Type Faucet on London Aire

220 amp Dryer vs 110 on London Aire

Mana Bloc plumbing std on Essex N/A on London Aire

Bose Solo 5 Bedroom Sound System vs N/A

Std 6- 6 Volt Coach Batteries on Essex vs Std 4 – 6 Volt Batteries on LADP

Solid Surface Color matching Vessel Sinks on Essex vs Off White undermount Solid surface sinks

Wall to Wall LR Lambrequins for Bus look vs Lambrequins just around windows on London Aire

Villa Sofas w/ Footrests Std vs Villa Sofas w/ no Footrests

Wireless Phone chargers located at dash and on night stands vs N/A on London Aire

Bedroom Framed Wainscotting w/ Beveled Mirrors on rear bath Walls vs Lower panel w/ trim & Wall board on the London Aire

Hand Laid Tile Shower Walls & Floor w/ High Line Residential Floor drain VS off White Fiberglass Drain Pain & Solid Surface Walls w/ Tile Insert

Fresca residential Shower System w/ Multiple heads vs Rain Head w/ Pull out Sprayer on LADP
Texas Ex '78, Mostly-Used Retired USAF
PhB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2017, 05:17 AM   #2
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

I think you've talked yourself into the E$$ex.
Be sure and post the pics when you take the plunge.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:33 AM   #3
PhB

Jayco Owners Club
I've been lurking on the Entegra Owners' Forum for the past year or so.

I've was firmly convinced that a 2021 Cornerstone was in my future.

However...no carpet and flush floor, no glass cockpit, and small but other qualitative significant differences, yeah, the Essex is looking pretty good.

Not sure what I will be able to finance when the time comes, but $50k more for the Essex over the Cornerstone may be an issue when the time comes.

The great people over on the Entegra forum love their coaches, and many have owned both Newmar and Entegra, and they say they'd have a Newmar if they didn't have the Entegra. Floor plan, floor plan, floor plan.

Tadd Jenkins, now President of NIRVC, says if I don't buy the Entegra, he'd want me in a Newmar. He was very complementary of how well Newmar supports dealerships over Thor Industries now. He would know, having served as the president of Entegra for a number of years.

Either way, Angie will be my salesperson and NIRVC will be my dealership of choice. Whether I buy in Texas or Georgia will be based on what I buy.

Look forward to following all you who have the pleasure of travelling the open road in your beautiful coaches.

I'm sorry some of you in Newmars are having the poor experience of losing your diesel as you travel and have to refill about every 700-800 miles to get by. Haven't seen that complaint on the Entegra forum yet!!!

PhB
Luxury DP Wannabe
25 yrs, 16 days USAF
13+ years and counting civil serpent
PhB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:50 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
what a tough decision

One delete I would do on either of them is the gps... there has not been a acceptable mfg supplied gps in ANY of the rv's cars, upper end trucks I've every seen...