Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thumbs up Great iRV2 Members

Just wanted to post a public thank-you to Dutch Star Don formerly Diplomat Don.
Home base Phoenix Az
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2014, 07:23 PM   #2
Community Administrator

I'll gladly second that .

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #3

And about 007 who helps in just about every thread!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2014, 07:47 PM   #4

I'm new here and I can agree with both names. I'm in the process of researching to purchase a DP and have talked to Don. He gave me some things to think about and look for.
Freestyle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:50 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIDan View Post
And about 007 who helps in just about every thread!!!!!!!!!!
How much did Roger pay you . He is a Natl. ( irv2 ) Treasure .

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:10 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Cliff I made allot of good friends traveling through Canada over the years and I welcome Don to the Newmar forum and all the HOOT's and many other great people on Newmar forum and of curse the irv2 forums.
Its been a great experience for the past 10 years I must say.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:42 AM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks.....Judy was referring to me giving away my collection of Monaco spare parts. It's better that someone get some use out of them, rather than collect dust.

I also want to thank "007". I was once asked to be a Moderator, but knew how much work it would be and passed. It takes someone with time, patience for knuckleheads and a pretty good knowledge of the computer to do all the linking "007" does. I'll keep doing projects and "007" can link them....that works for me!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:52 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
I was thinking of making this post a couple of months ago. I don't know who 007 is, but in all the years I've been on the internet, and the numerous discussion forums I've been a participant in, I've never encountered a moderator that was so incredibly helpful. Way above and beyond the norm. Well done, sir!
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:24 AM   #9

X2 on the great forum and moderators. As a first time DP owner, there advice and info sharing was instrumental in my decisions. Now the proud owner of a 2003 low mile, one owner, Dutch Star. I will avidly be following Dutch Star Dons upgrades and improvements. Now if I can just gain the skills to do the projects as well as him! /;-)
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:45 AM   #10

Freightliner Owners Club
Yeah, these guys are great reads. "Double O" for his product knowledge and quick historical recall and DSDon for his creativity. Keep it up, guys!
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:14 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
........ I don't know who 007 is, but in all the years I've been on the internet,..... I've never encountered a moderator that was so incredibly helpful. Way above and beyond the norm. Well done, sir!
+1 here! I've had the pleasure of meeting 007. We had lunch one day and talked for hours. Suffice it to say that his helpfulness as an iRV2 moderator pales in comparison to real life. There are not enough kudos to cover the tab. Well done, indeed!
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:35 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Don't forget about "GaryKD". Anytime I see his name attached to a discussion, I always pay very close attention. This man is full of knowledge and has been so helpful to less experienced Motor home owners like myself. Thank you GaryKD.
RV4Me4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:57 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
There are many on this forum like GaryKD that should be recognized also I will bring them all out in this post with links to some of their material so you will be as well informed as I.

Route 66---The originator of Newmar Quick Tips & Mods # 1. As you may find some of the links do not work because # 1 has been through some war's with software changes, server changes and new ownership of irv2 but the next two members, Gary KD and Dav5942, were busy back than for the QT's. When # 2 was added both links were combined so you may see some repeat of Mod's.

Gary RV Roamer--- has changed to Moderator Emeritus status on this forum but has taken on new writing's for Bus Conversions Mag. and DoItYourselfRV.com and he is also on other RV forums.
You can see he is heading to Maine with his American Coach as soon as we have some warmer weather, I hope , for the summer.

GaryKD many mod links in QT's 1 & 2 here is a starter which is in the middle of them. Scroll back and forth in this thread and all links provided to get them.

Dav5942 our Workhorse ATME man out enjoying his mid-engine DP here is a link to his mod's and Gary is mixed in with some of his.

Lug_Nut one of the Three Amigo's who occasions this site who is also on another and has some interesting posts to dwell on for instance # 1 and # 2.

Cruzer ---past member with allot of interest in the Tiffin line of coach's.

RV Wizard --The only working man of irv2 and he has some good information here and also here.

roadwalt--from time to time we had people post in the thread with their mod's and just continue in their travels and not be heard from in a while, here are some of Walt's mods.

You have to realize this link of QT's I & 2 is old, like some of us and some links within it may not be there. You will find others that have contributed also but to conserve space can not list them all.

To continue in the Workhorse chassis forum we have some people to mention also:

DriVer who early on had many modifications to his coach that many of us owners also followed through with. This link has info related to Workhorse that maybe of interest to WH owners.

DriVer is now involved with the organization of our irv2 2014 rally for this year.
It has over 67 members signed up all ready and will prove to be another great irv2 rally as they always are so join up for a fun time with your follow irv2 members.
gmw is helping him and many will volunteer to help at rally also.

OEMY's web site will speak for itself in relation to Workhorse upgrades & mods.

EDGRAY--Past president of Workhorse group members and many involvement's in owners discussions of problems, just click on post of interest that he was involved in.

Well that's only a few of us old timers we can now move on to some new people:

redbaron73 purchased a new Newmar 2013 and got involved with same problem that has bothered many owners of SOB coach's with the Evans AC/Heater poor output of cold air in the summer, this thread will explain what he found wrong with the installation of the Evans control valve.
Here is another one if you have a FULL WALL SLIDE and his Hoot's thread.

PDR John has many mod's in his thread and also many on LCD, HMDI INFO in QT's # 3 in the TV TO LCD conversion section of #3. NOW HAS HIS OWN MOD's SECTION IN QT's # 3.

REDMAN1 DSDP formally PESSMAN the author of the Hoot's group who has some excellent pictures of his coach build at factory and the mod's that Newmar did for him by planners at Newmar. This Gentleman also has some comedy RV BOOKS out that we are all waiting to put into a movie like that RV one a couple years back.

MA SMART another Hoot who is retiring today 2/28/2014 to enjoy more safe travels ahead and Hoots rally's to come. His FWS 2013 COACH.

DEEK---A very important man he is the Lawyer of the Hoot's group and the organizer for their rally's and does have some sound advise for all members.
His FWS 2013 COACH.

You can fine all the HOOT's threads and more in QT's # 3.

Than to finish this long post we have the latest contributors :

MAX HUBRICH --With one of his Mod's that can relate with older coach's both gas and DP's leaking marker lights. ALSO HAS OWN MOD SECTION IN QT's # 3.

Dutch Star Don---a new convert to the Newmar lineup but also loyal to his old line of Monaco and many MOD's posts there also. Here is one for his new Newmar that may help many with a OASIS HEATING System. HAS HIS OWN SECTION IN QT's # 3.

Now the last two members have more MOD's to be found grouped together in
QT's # 3 that you will have to look up yourselves.
`
I have to add SPK64 a man of great talents in laying hardwood floors, cabinet work and the many repairs that he has made in his 2002 MADP any DP or gas owner will appreciate his MOD & REPAIR Section found in first section of QT's # 3.

Now there you have it some history of Moderators on irv2 and many links to keep you busy, until its warmer, up in the north country.

To close this must be your lucky day you can BOOKMARK or put in FAVORITE's this post # 13 and you have a quick link to all this information and if its not enough remember I have FOUR links that follow me around the forums below in my signature.

You will find in many of the forums stickies that many people overlook but will miss many important information links some of them maybe closed but they still will have good info for that particular forum so take a look.

Just want to add today to this thread with many new members and their contribution to forum and irv2, you will find in this link 3/4 the way down with many rebuilds, MADP BACK FROM THE DEAD for instance and discussions of their new coach's.

You all have a good day and safe travels ahead of you.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The previous post # 13, also has many other members on irv2 that contribute every day, for them I say a big "THANK YOU" for your participation in this great forum IRV2.