Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #1

Great service Newmar, Freightliner, Cummins Bridgeway

One the way home from a great weekend with our DutchStar, the engine decided to spice things up a bit by throwing a service engine fault code. A call to freightliner revealed a bad NO2 sensor. Freightliner put me on hold, called Cummins Bridgeway in Grand Rapids and scheduled the repair. Cummins Bridgeway was great. Confirmed the problem, ordered and replaced the part and 24 hrs later back on the road. Their communication with me was excellent informing me of the service plan and timeline as well as keeping me in the loop at each step. Customer service(via Freightliner) at Newmar followed up with me after the fact to make sure we were taken care of. Now that's customer service
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2015, 08:01 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Yep, I've received the same outstanding service from Cummins Bridgeway. I go there instead of Spartan in Charlotte.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 02:02 PM   #3

I have a Freightliner Chassis. Do these folks do Freightliner. I got transferred to a voicemail when I called them? Waiting for a callback. Any other recommendations in Western Michigan? I had bad experience 10 years ago with Grand Rapids Freightliner. Thanks Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrobe View Post
One the way home from a great weekend with our DutchStar, the engine decided to spice things up a bit by throwing a service engine fault code. A call to freightliner revealed a bad NO2 sensor. Freightliner put me on hold, called Cummins Bridgeway in Grand Rapids and scheduled the repair. Cummins Bridgeway was great. Confirmed the problem, ordered and replaced the part and 24 hrs later back on the road. Their communication with me was excellent informing me of the service plan and timeline as well as keeping me in the loop at each step. Customer service(via Freightliner) at Newmar followed up with me after the fact to make sure we were taken care of. Now that's customer service
Old 07-29-2015, 07:58 PM   #4

They are a Cummins dealer/service center. I don't believe they service chassises though my issue was with the engine only. I did e-mail Freightliner GR with a couple of questions regarding the chassises and they were very quick to respond. Not a lot of other choices in WMich.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:07 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you ever need service/repairs in the Portland OR area I'd stay as far away as possible from Cummins NW in Portland. They didn't save my old belts like I told them to (for spares) broke the drive axle Koni FSD shocks and broke an interior sliding door and refuses to pay for the damage. Going to take it to small claims court as soon as the DW's cancer treatments get started and things calm down some.
We live about 15 miles from their shop but I'd go to Coburg instead, some 100 miles away.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cummins, freightliner, newmar, service