Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2018, 05:47 AM   #1

Smile Happiness is.....2012 Bay Star3302!

My DW and I are now owners of our first motorhome, a 2012 Bay Star 3302. We went to Lancaster, PA to pick it up last week and have been busy getting it ready for some traveling fun. We're very happy with the quality of the unit and were lucky to find a unit that has been well taken care of and stored inside when not on the road.

Many thanks to everyone that has contributed to this forum as I have spent many hours getting informed and learning a lot about motorhomes. It's great to have the luxury of turning on the generator and being able to run the AC units while working inside the unit. The auto levelers have worked pretty well. We spent a couple of nights at campgrounds and the auto level function worked well. For some reason, the slight slope and radius of the road in front of our house results in having to put a few boards under the front wheels to keep the front tires on the ground.

The previous owner had Summo springs installed as well as a tracking bar on the rear. I found it to be easy drive and quite steady on the road. After we get it fully loaded for a trip, I plan to take it to the CAT scales and get it weighted so I can check the weight and adjust tire pressure accordingly. In the near future, I'll definitely replace the front tires and as soon as possible the rear tires as they are the original Goodyear tires.

After reading various posts. I've been going through the motorhome and tightening any screws that aren't snug. I found that the lag screws on one of the couches were a bit loose. I've also added some felt material to reduce any noise/vibration from the bathroom door and bedroom pocket door....so I'll see if this helps reduce road rattles.

Ooos...didn't mean to make this such a long post. But...we wanted to share our happiness at being motorhome newbies!
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2018, 05:54 AM   #2

Congrats on the new RV!
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:29 AM   #3

Congratulations and welcome to the Newmar Family. You and your DW are in for exciting times. The best advice I can give is to fuel up your coach and head out to make happy memories. These coach’s like to run.

If you’ve iRV2 for research, as we all have done, please note that we love pictures of your rig at the various places it travels.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:12 AM   #4

Congrats on the new to you Bay Star,you picked a great company to start with.One thing to check on, is the slide motor bolts,they have been found to break. I had to replace two after the first year.Good Luck!
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin along View Post
Congrats on the new to you Bay Star,you picked a great company to start with.One thing to check on, is the slide motor bolts,they have been found to break. I had to replace two after the first year.Good Luck!
Thanks for the suggestion and I did take a look at the bolts on the main slide today.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavingABlast View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the Newmar Family. You and your DW are in for exciting times. The best advice I can give is to fuel up your coach and head out to make happy memories. These coach’s like to run.

If you’ve iRV2 for research, as we all have done, please note that we love pictures of your rig at the various places it travels.
We're in the process of getting the tow car set up for towing, so we hope to be venturing out in a couple of weeks. There's a lot of nearby things we want to do in Ohio since we've only been here 6 years, and we're already booked for our winter escape to LaBelle, FL.

And, I am an amateur photographer, so i will try to post pics in the future!
Thanks for the greeting!
Old 06-11-2018, 08:18 PM   #7

Congratulations on the coach. We have a 2017 Bay Star 3009 with similar suspension upgrades. I did discovered when I park on a level surface I have to raise the front wheels 3.75" to level the floor of the coach. I discussed this with Newmar and was told to talk to Ford. According to Ford this is common. Seems like Newmar should have compensated. Makes getting level a challenge at times. Love the coach otherwise. Safe travels.
CLB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:58 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations on your new Bay Star. Welcome to the Newmar family.

The first MH is always an exciting time. Best of luck with it.

Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:37 AM   #9

Welcome and congrats. We've got a 2018 Bay Star and we love it. You made a good choice.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:51 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers

We definitely couldn't be happier.
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:06 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congratulations on your new traveling companion and for reading the many links for information, if you need some more I think I can find you some.
Enjoy and safe travels to you.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:23 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Congrats on the Baystar. We love ours and have had little issues here and there, but overall a well-built coach and a head turner. May you have many years of safe travels. Maybe we'll see you on the road.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:24 PM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot308 View Post
Congrats on the Baystar. We love ours and have had little issues here and there, but overall a well-built coach and a head turner. May you have many years of safe travels. Maybe we'll see you on the road.
I used magnet sets to hold pocket doors open from Ace hardware. They work great and are not in the way. Much better then Velcro. Doors stay out until you wish to close them.[emoji12]
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:54 PM   #14

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and other bits of information!