Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2016, 05:47 AM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Steve,
Very impressive work and again your craftsmanship is the best. Thanks for sharing all your install pictures and instructions, going to be very helpful to braver souls than me for sure.
Tom
handstjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2016, 07:26 AM   #58
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks guys!
Took a month of sneaking in work when I could. Just in time to start hitting the road for our weekend trips.
Spk64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:47 PM   #59

WOW!!! Super nce job. It will inspire others I am sure.
Hard to tell from the pictures but is the slide flooring now flush with the coach floor when the slide is out? I assume it is.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:11 AM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
The slide is not flush. It is raised about 3/4" the Stair nose trim on the edge is barely off the floor when the slide is extended.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:02 PM   #61

Spk64, hey great job the hardwood floor, I was following closely since we have a 2001 made 4095. We decided to install duramax vinyl tile in the main coach and stay with carpet on the slide and bedroom, still have to do the bedroom.

Two questions, what did you do for the raised area where the toilet sits and how did you handle the area where the brake and gas petals are?

PS, we live in Oldham county not far from you.

Regis
Regis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:17 PM   #62
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Regis
On the raised area where the toliet is I left the vinly tile. Felt it was better suited there and did not want to remove toilet to change flooring there. I can always do that down the road.

In the drivers area I removed all the vinly tile and trimmed back the carpet into the console area as much as possible. Then installed the hardwood in the full pedal area and around the steering wheel base. The area behind the console is still carpet but is not visible. Also left the carpet on the firewall.

Since I removed Vinyl tiles I can let you know how it was installed. Orginally our coach had ceramic tiles in the bathroom and part of the kitchen area. This tile was installed on a 3/8" plywood subfloor. When the PO removed the ceramic and installed the vinyl tiles the 3/8" plywood was left in place and the remaining floor was also filled in with 3/8" plywood then the tiles layed on top. With it installed this way it was not too bad to tear out and put in the hardwood. Also all the floor heights remained the same.

If you need some more pics let me know. I can take additional if needed.

Yep, oldham county is not far from us. My daughter plays soccer there occasionally. We are out in the Joe Huber Farm Area.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:08 AM   #63

EXCELLENT Job SPK64! I've been playing with the idea of replacing the flooring in my 02 KSDP 3669. After seeing the photo's and reading your comments, I've concluded I don't have the skills to pull it off. I think I'll track Ernie down and see if he can schedule me in sometime late fall/winter. It would be worth the drive to Texas to get the job done correctly.
Thanks again for sharing your write-up and photo's!
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:20 AM   #64

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
I'm back
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:12 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Ekberg View Post
I'm back
Hi Ernie,
Please let me know if you have any openings in your schedule for late October or early November, 2016. I really like the flooring SPK64 used in his M/H. I've got an 02 KSDP 3669 and am thinking about leaving the bedroom in carpet and new flooring the bathroom, kitchen area and living/dining area.
The only other "kicker", my 2 dogs and I live in the RV so I can't leave it for a month or so.
Please let me know if you can work my project into your schedule.
THANKS!
Gary
Old 08-17-2016, 07:53 AM   #66

Wow. Looks great. Also looks like a lot of work. Not sure my knees would hold up.
Can't wait to see the finished project.

Take care
Old 08-17-2016, 07:09 PM   #67
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I'm back

Glad to have you back here on IRV2!

Steve
Old 09-01-2016, 06:24 AM   #68

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
Thanks all- Steve- your floor is stunning!
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:33 AM   #69

WE have a 2004 Monaco Windsor.Would like to replace carpet with hardwood or some type of easy to clean and easy upkeep flooring.Have heard horror stories about the sub floor in these motor homes being at diffrent levels.Also would like to know how much work it is to remove ceramic tiles from under the kitchen cabinets. Any info. would be great.
Eva Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:02 AM   #70

Quote:
Thanks all- Steve- your floor is stunning!
Hi Ernie,
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. Just spent the entire flooring budget at Rocky Mt Cummins in Billings, MT. Between the VP44 fuel pump, fuel transfer pump, labor and other related items, the coffers are near empty. Now, I get to address the air pump system that supplies the air brakes. Both gages are showing 1/4, with 65 psi being the minimum on my gages. I did manage to go 193 miles since the service, so $6,250 divided by 193 equals $32.38 a mile. Oh, forgot the cost of the diesel fuel, so I guess it was closer to $33 a mile
At any rate, I'll try and rebuild my savings and try again with the interior refurbish business in 2017.
Gary