Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2019, 09:57 AM   #1

Harmony universal remote for my main Sony TV-2019 DSDP

When I press input on the main TV remote there is a SAT input showing on the screen. Harmony does not recognize this input for this Sony TV. On the back of the TV there are 3 input cables, one coax and 2 hdmi. I am assuming that the coax is for the over the air antenna and one of the hdmi cables is for the DVD and the other that is hooked to my Dish Wally receiver would be the SAT input. If I choose the SAT input on the TV, the TV will show the Wally signal but the Harmony inputs only have hdmi 1 and 2 for this Sony TV. I have tried the hdmi 1 and 2 in the Harmony setup but no signal.

Has anyone figured this out for a Harmony universal remote?
DutchStar JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2019, 10:07 AM   #2

I’ve programmed many of the Harmony remotes, including the one I currently am using which is NOT the basic that comes if you order from Newmar.

They are all different. So it would help if you provide the model or picture of your remote.

You are correct about the cables. HOWEVER, I’ve had to rename EVERY Tv’s input as well as SWAP the HDMI cables on my main TV, thanks to Newmar not being consistent with cabling. This caused a real problem because the remote would send an “INPUT 2” signal, for example, and the front and main TV’s would be receiving from different sources; a very simple and stupid mistake on their part.
CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGizmo View Post
I’ve programmed many of the Harmony remotes, including the one I currently am using which is NOT the basic that comes if you order from Newmar.

They are all different. So it would help if you provide the model or picture of your remote.

You are correct about the cables. HOWEVER, I’ve had to rename EVERY Tv’s input as well as SWAP the HDMI cables on my main TV, thanks to Newmar not being consistent with cabling. This caused a real problem because the remote would send an “INPUT 2” signal, for example, and the front and main TV’s would be receiving from different sources; a very simple and stupid mistake on their part.
It's the Harmony Elite with a hub. I thought I should be able to use one of the hdmi inputs that Harmony lists, but neither work. I just need to know what the SAT input on the TV does, because it gets the receiver(Wally) signal to the TV. Then I need to translate that to what Harmony understands the SAT input to be. Hope I am not going in the wrong direction or confusing the issue.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:05 AM   #4

Harmony universal remote for my main Sony TV-2019 DSDP

The Elite is awesome. You can use the Harmony app to make EVERY adjustment or correction you need.

The cable input IS for the OTA channels NOT for the HDMI input for a dish or direct, which is an HDMI input from the splitter which feeds the Main, Front, and Outside TV.

I’m not 100% sure of you question, but definitely can help once I understand. I believe your issue is simply one of THE NAMES of the TV inputs, which can be changed on the TV menu! Having SAT for the “cable TV” is NOT correct, really, and I’ve renamed them accordingly to TV, Directv (input 2), and AppleTV (input 3 used to be the DVD).

Also, DON’T forget about the interactive HELP that’s built into the remote!!! If something gets out of whack, it will not only correct the current problem, but also do intelligent reprogramming of needed.

One thing folks don’t understand, is the Elite Hub needs an internet connection to do all this, as well as IP signaling, if that has been set up. Otherwise, it switches over to IR only.

HTH
CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGizmo View Post
The Elite is awesome. You can use the Harmony app to make EVERY adjustment or correction you need.

The cable input IS for the OTA channels NOT for the HDMI input for a dish or direct, which is an HDMI input from the splitter which feeds the Main, Front, and Outside TV.

I’m not 100% sure of you question, but definitely can help once I understand. I believe your issue is simply one of THE NAMES of the TV inputs, which can be changed on the TV menu! Having SAT for the “cable TV” is NOT correct, really, and I’ve renamed them accordingly to TV, Directv (input 2), and AppleTV (input 3 used to be the DVD).

Also, DON’T forget about the interactive HELP that’s built into the remote!!! If something gets out of whack, it will not only correct the current problem, but also do intelligent reprogramming of needed.

One thing folks don’t understand, is the Elite Hub needs an internet connection to do all this, as well as IP signaling, if that has been set up. Otherwise, it switches over to IR only.

HTH
Thanks Steve! I will get my rig out of storage this weekend and give the setup another try. Jared

Tags
remote