Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2014, 01:40 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
I doubt I will ever use what I purchased, and the mats are going to be much easier to store.
redbaron73 ... I know someone that might be needing these ... Deek and his new 15 MA. Bet he will be interested.

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2014, 01:56 PM   #30

Called Newmar Parts and they could not tell me what size or how many. Are they using then on only the full wall slide only? I have a 2012 King Aire FWS. Thanks for any clarification you may be able to give me.
drdonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:04 PM   #31

My floor is scratched on my 2015 Canyon Star after one trip. I think it's an engineering problem and we're putting a band aid fix on something that Newmar should have given some forethought.
rodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodz View Post
My floor is scratched on my 2015 Canyon Star after one trip. I think it's an engineering problem and we're putting a band aid fix on something that Newmar should have given some forethought.
You are right on with that observation.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:54 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
I wish CS had given me that intel. Your solution is the better bet. I used a spatula to test the "give" of the materials, and there is NO WAY I can get it wide enough without either "chipping" away the wood, or risk damaging the tile.

I doubt I will ever use what I purchased, and the mats are going to be much easier to store.

Thanks!
I'm betting you can return these BECAUSE they sold you a part that wouldn't fit your MH.

Or as suggested by Jeff at CS, you could widen the gap using a drimmel. How thick is the lip?
Old 08-19-2014, 03:56 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSteve View Post
redbaron73 ... I know someone that might be needing these ... Deek and his new 15 MA. Bet he will be interested.

Steve
I believe these now come with all '15 FWS coaches.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:04 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodz View Post
I actually believe the marks in the tile are caused by the flexing of the interior portion of the FWS as you drive. As the rollers move in and out they collect debris and this debris is what is marring the finish. Having something between the tile and roller is a simple solution.

In our previous RVs, there was carpet; we had issues of the slide rollers indenting the carpet and leaving grease marks. It's something we have to live with. However, I would NEVER go back to a non-slide RV. Way too big of a benefit. I'll solve this little problem.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:19 PM   #36

I know they will be on our london aire we have on order. I think they are a great idea. Anything other than felt or microfiber touching a highly polished surface will leave a mark. It a simple solution.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:37 AM   #37

Freightliner Owners Club
How many of these mats do we need? Or is it dependent on how many rollers are marring the floor? We only have one roller doing this, but don't think I want to only add one mat due to possible deflection of the slide.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:06 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
I don't know why Newmars have this problem. There are no floor marks on my '13 Enetgra and I had none on my '03 Beaver. But, I do not have full wall slide. Is that what causes it?
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:42 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I don't know why Newmars have this problem. There are no floor marks on my '13 Enetgra and I had none on my '03 Beaver. But, I do not have full wall slide. Is that what causes it?
It's not isolated to the fws... we have a 4 slide coach and have the same issue... never had that problem with other coaches
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:21 AM   #40

Dan,
I purchased the same mats that you use, we just put them down & on our last trip it looks like there are is more marring on the tile from the rubber on the mat then there was from the roller, have you driven with the mats in place?
Old 08-25-2014, 06:55 AM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtovo View Post
Dan,
I purchased the same mats that you use, we just put them down & on our last trip it looks like there are is more marring on the tile from the rubber on the mat then there was from the roller, have you driven with the mats in place?
The marks I got appeared to be kinda oily. I found that it wiped up. But I haven't driven more than 300 yards, yet (had to change campsites) but we depart Wednesday. This will be our first "on the road test."
Old 09-06-2014, 06:57 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtovo View Post
Dan,
This is a follow up to my previous post regarding the 24x36 doormats I purchased at Target.

I've traveled 3 days using the carpeted floor mats and now agree with jtovo that these mats seem to also leave marks I the tile flooring of out Essex. So I went shopping again and found another possible option for protecting the tile from abrasions caused by the slide rollers.

I found "dexas grippmats" at Target and Walmart that are thin hard plastic cutting boards that are 8-1/2x11" and they have a slight Anti-skip material in the back. So I pulled our full wall slide in all but the last 4" and laid these in front of each roller, then fully retracted the FWS. The rollers easily rolled onto the pads and the pads stayed in place when I extended the slide.

These are really cheap! About $2.50 a piece. They come in a 3 pack at Walmart and a 4 pack at Target. They are found I the Kitchen section by the cutting boards.

So far so good. My only issue is they aren't long enough to protect the entire slide roller path, unless I use multiples, but that would leave some free to move around under the slide due to the lack do roller pressure. But my main problem is where the rollers stop when the FWS is fully retracted.

Here's a photo of the product I. Now using.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	73193  

Tags
newmar, slide