Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2009, 07:16 AM   #1

I just redid my AV system to now being able to have Satellite HD surround sound through the factory Sony AV receiver...I was dreading having to try to remove the Sony from the overhead to get to the back and plug in an optical cable...there is NO cable slack behind it....So...I easily removed the wooden grille facing the windshield and had great access to the optical port in the receiver...Now I have surround sound...ProLogic...not the best but good enough and much better than just coming thru the TV speakers.
footdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2009, 07:16 AM   #2

I just redid my AV system to now being able to have Satellite HD surround sound through the factory Sony AV receiver...I was dreading having to try to remove the Sony from the overhead to get to the back and plug in an optical cable...there is NO cable slack behind it....So...I easily removed the wooden grille facing the windshield and had great access to the optical port in the receiver...Now I have surround sound...ProLogic...not the best but good enough and much better than just coming thru the TV speakers.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #3

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I easily removed the wooden grille facing the windshield and had great access to the optical port in the receiver...Now I have surround sound </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi! Nice job Larry!! Paul
Old 01-11-2009, 04:14 AM   #4

How did you remove the wooden grill facing the windshield? I have heard it is hot glued on at the corners?

We have an 06 MACA and I need to have access to the back of the TV/mount. It is a 2005, non HD, LCD flatscreen TV in the coach. We want to remove it and replace with HD and swivel mount. It was one of the first LCDs by Sony at the time and the original owner paid $3200 for the upgrade!

Thanks much - Bill
Bpsailr49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:40 AM   #5

Hi Bill....
I have 2 wooden grills....the one behind the TV was screwed on and easy to remove, but I had to remove the sun shade on both sides for access....easy to do...4 screws and a wire nut does it for each..On the component side, I just used a stiff thin paint scraper and easily but carefully pried it off...a total of about 7 VERY thin brads holding it...didnt scar the wood a bit...this is done right where the grill meets the cabinet wood...
Old 01-11-2009, 07:26 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for the tip Larry we learn something new everyday on this forum.
That BUG is still driving me crazy.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:00 AM   #7

Thanks for the tips on removing the wooden grills. I am still trying to figure out how to add an LCD HD larger than 26" to my MACA......and waiting for the prices to come down even more.

That 'bug' is annoying.....

Thanks - Bill
Bpsailr49 is offline   Reply With Quote