Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2019, 10:42 AM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
HDMI splitters

My 2015 Dutch Star has 2 HDMI splitters. I lost connection from both blueray players at the same time. I looked at the HDMI input to the splitter box and found the other end hanging loose.

Not sure where the 4 way splitter gets its feed?
I thought it went in the back of the blueray but that did not fix it.
Is that where it goes? can not get either to work.

Randy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2019, 10:53 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdinks View Post
My 2015 Dutch Star has 2 HDMI splitters. I lost connection from both blueray players at the same time. I looked at the HDMI input to the splitter box and found the other end hanging loose.

Not sure where the 4 way splitter gets its feed?

I thought it went in the back of the blueray but that did not fix it.

Is that where it goes? can not get either to work.

Randy

Input to splitter should be from Blue-ray, can you move the Blue-ray closer and plug it in to splitter As a test?
You should have two splinters one for Blue-Ray and one for satellite.
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:19 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
It was working on last week, I was moving things around and it came unplugged. I assumed it went to the blueray just wanted to make sure.
Thanks
Old 04-21-2019, 11:39 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Still not getting anything from either player? They both stopped at the same time. The players work if I hook them up to the tv, just want it to work the way it was through the splitter.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:45 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdinks View Post
Still not getting anything from either player? They both stopped at the same time. The players work if I hook them up to the tv, just want it to work the way it was through the splitter.

Ok rear dvd should be connected directly to bedroom TV. No splitter
On the front you should have two splitter box’s , one for satellite and one for DVD. Switch inputs at the Splitters and connect the satellite HDMI to the DVD and change input to satellite on TV as a test
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:09 AM   #6

Have you checked to make sure the splitters are still getting power?
Old 04-22-2019, 01:48 AM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
On my 2014.....I had two splitters. The splitters had one input and four outputs. So the first splitter had an HDMI cable running from the satellite (DirecTV box) to the input side of the splitter. On the output side, I had three HDMI cables coming out and running to my three TV's.

On the second splitter, I had an HDMI cable coming from the DVD player to the input side of the splitter and three HDMI cables coming out and running to my three TV's.

I had so many issues with my HDMI splitters in my 2014, I just wanted to put a bullet into each splitter. The problem is that HDMI cables are great, but should have been designed with a locking mechanism. Banging down the road in an RV, in the overhead cabinet, constantly caused them to come loose. When you plug one back in, you have to carefully make sure all the other ones are connected. If they aren't you'll have all kinds of issues, like not working, lines through your picture or sound with no picture. It was recommended to use tie wraps to hold them in place. You place a tie wrap around the cable, securing an additional tie wrap under it. You take the second tie wrap and secure it to the splitter box. I eventually found a product on line that attached to the splitter box and then used a what looked like a short tie wrap to cinch the cable in place. It worked better because you could disconnect the cable without cutting them.

So......Newmar was very good about labeling their cables. You need to make sure that satellite HDMI is going into the input on the splitter and that the three or four of your TV's are attached to the output. Same with the DVD player. DVD player output to splitter input and three or four TV's on the output side.

Once you get all the cables connected correctly, you need to turn on your TV. The splitters will sit idle until they see a TV come on. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the connection to turn on and work.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote