Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2016, 05:36 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Heated floor issue

Picked up our coach two weeks ago and have noticed that in the last few days the mid and forward heated floor sections aren't working. We live in northern maine and it's snowed the last two nights. Coincidentally we have a flashing gfi in the half bath. Checked both breakers #2 #4 as well as fuse #12 and all good. Can't reset the gfi. Looked up flashing gfi on google and they say it's a defective gfi. So I call Newmar and they've never heard of a flashing gfi. Sure enough they look it up too and I'm correct. But guess what? That gfi is wired into the heated floors! I said no way, who would do that? I'll report back here once I get the gfi replaced to see if it cures the floors.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2016, 06:01 AM   #2

That's weird on the GFI, our problem with the floor heat was a little different. They would come on but not stay on, going off after a few minutes, turns out it was a software fix that needed to be done, but yours sounds a little different. It is strange that they would have them wired to a GFI, but it does seem that they make each unit just a little bit different, good luck and stay warm.
HWH Active Air Suspension 2014 Wrangler
DRL1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:40 AM   #3

Try again to reset the GFI. We have a new Dutch Star and I found I could not reset the GFI with my finger. I used a screwdriver with a blunt end and it finally reset.

Our two GFIs for the heated floors are in the half bath next to the 110-volt breakers. I tripped the breakers when trying to locate another problem and it took a little effort to get them reset.
and: The Aviators: Stories of Helicopter Combat in Vietnam 1971-72
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:35 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks LK
The gfi would not reset, it had a blinking red light. I replaced it and all is well. I shorted it for a second when I let a hot hit a neutral wire and it kicked breaker #2 I kicked off breaker #4 and that turned off the right gfi. I must say those gfi breakers are not easy to replace, they are surface mounted with a box behind them. Anyway now I know which breakers pass through which gfi, but I don't know which floor sections they control, yet...
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:54 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for solving your problem Bill, will put in QT's # 3 "Problem Solving."
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 02:55 PM   #6

Remodel Oasis heat add on

Going to remodel the 2006 Kountry Star to tile floor and Oasis heat system. Anyone out there had this done? Where when how much how is it working?

Tags
heat