Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2019, 09:56 AM   #1

Heater fan

I have two fans behind the dash.one is for the evens heat and cooling the other is for the hydro hot. The hydro hot fan does not work it is a two speed fan and has power,but does not work.i need a picture of the fan housing to see where the attachment points are so i can replace the motor and do i need to remove any of the dash other than the access panel for the radio and all the switches. Thanks!
gary caskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2019, 05:40 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary caskey View Post
I have two fans behind the dash.one is for the evens heat and cooling the other is for the hydro hot. The hydro hot fan does not work it is a two speed fan and has power,but does not work.i need a picture of the fan housing to see where the attachment points are so i can replace the motor and do i need to remove any of the dash other than the access panel for the radio and all the switches. Thanks!
Well, did you really mean Hydro Hot or do you have the Oasis system? If Oasis, the heat exchanger and fan unit are located in front of the passengers seat glove box. The cables on the glove box can be removed from their mounts, they slip off, and the glove box will open completely. There is the heat exchanger unit and motor with squirrel cage rotor.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:25 PM   #3

It is a hydro hot in a 2005 mountain aire
Old 02-20-2019, 06:17 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
It is a hydro hot in a 2005 mountain aire
Take a look where I told you to look, there aren’t too many other places to put a heat exchanger.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:57 AM   #5

I know where it is but what is the best way to get to it.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:29 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
When mine was worked on, they clamped the hoses and removed it through the passenger glove box to work on.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:42 AM   #7

This is a mountain aire no glove box
Old 02-22-2019, 06:06 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Gary I posted this in your other thread on the subject.
Not sure of the differences between an 02 and 05 MADP. I replaced my flooring this past summer. I completely exposed the inside firewall to place the flooring right up to the firewall. The actual dash assembly just hangs and all lower panels can be removed. The panel in front of the passenger seat snaps in. The panels around the drawer and hydro hot fan are screwed in. Many attachment points and 3 inch square head wood screws both into the floor and in an upward location secure these panels.. It's a pain but can be done. You should be able to see the supply wires behind the dash slide out drawer. Maybe test them for power when the other zone fans are blowing. I have no separate switches to control radiator fans with this hydro hot system. All fans are activated depending on heat demand. Hope this helps. Here's a few pics of my lower dash area. Sorry for the sideways view. All these panels are removable. Is this what your lower dash area looks like?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0525.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	235693   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0526.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	235694  

SteveR161 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags