Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2010, 03:09 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Hehr Windows moisture issues

We have several Hehr windows fogging up. We had the big driver’s window replaced last year at Newmar. That window is now fogging up. I have talked to several Newmar owners (07-09 Essex and Mountain Aire) who had been battling the same problem. Some owners have had ALL windows replaced and several replaces on the second go around. When I talked to Newmar they told me warranty work had a 90 day warranty or the original warranty (which ever was the longest). They acted like my issue was an isolated incident. I am just curious if others are having the same problem with their windows. I noticed on other forums that Hehr was replacing windows the owner paid for the labor. I haven't talk to them yet, it’s next on my list.
So if you had to issue or are having the issues speak up
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2010, 06:21 AM   #2

Yup, we've got four after 4 years. Will try the repair shop near Tampa(name escapes me at the moment) sometime soon, where success rate has been good-many recommendations.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Checked my 7 year old glass windows and found them made by CREATION INC., never had a problem with them seal wise or operation wise.
There is not much information about them and not sure still in business but there is a phone number.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
cwg

Our 07 Essex had most of the windows fog up; some within the warranty period and some out of warranty. The last windows which became opaque were resolved as this: the manufacturer agreed that there had been a problem and Newmar contacted them, although out of warranty. The windows were replaced for free, but I agreed to pay for the shipping costs from Newmar to Florida, and also paid the labor to install them. I felt it was a reasonable resolution.

Anyone acting on behalf of Newmar who seemed to think it was an isolated problem was being disingenuous or very uninformed because it has long been a known manufacturing defect. Good luck.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:23 AM   #5
a k

Newmar Owners Club
I've got two fogged now. Have a glass company I work with said they could repair it. They said glass is only about 20 or 30 bucks a sheet.
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:59 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
None fogged so far, all the double-pane windows are Hehr. Our coach was built in Feb. 2008. Time will tell...

BTW, here's a link to someone who repaired his fogging double-pane windows: House repairs & fixes… Looks like lots of work, but may be cheaper then replacing them if it's on your dime.

Stewart
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote