Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2019, 08:19 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
07 Essex slide adjustment: Inner saddle adjustment for ODS slide

I have been searching thru the threads looking for the Inner saddle adjustment for ODS slide, but can’t seem to find it. The top of the slide needs to go closer to the wall when slide out is extended (leaning in 2”). The Newmar PDF says this is an inner saddle adjustment, but does not say how to do it? There is a pic of the kitchen slide out showing the adjustable saddle above the roller, but none for the ODS slide. Any advice on location and how to proceed? Love this site!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2019, 09:15 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Any ole Joe View Post
I have been searching thru the threads looking for the Inner saddle adjustment for ODS slide, but can’t seem to find it. The top of the slide needs to go closer to the wall when slide out is extended (leaning in 2”). The Newmar PDF says this is an inner saddle adjustment, but does not say how to do it? There is a pic of the kitchen slide out showing the adjustable saddle above the roller, but none for the ODS slide. Any advice on location and how to proceed? Love this site!

I think this is the inner saddle. Anyone know how far out the slide needs to be positioned to make the adjustments?
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1066.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	256424
Old 08-10-2019, 11:23 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
In case anyone else has this issue, I did the adjustment with the slide about ⅓ out and worked great. The inner saddle pulled the top of the slide closer to the wall like I wanted, but I had to adjust the stop rods so the spacing was even top to bottom. All minor adjustments, but made a huge difference! Cheers
Old 08-11-2019, 08:29 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for pictures and advise Any Ol Joe will be using in this new slide thread.
Before you adjusted were the bolts nuts loose causing you the problem with upper slide.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:12 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
HELP!! Adjusting ODS slide - it is not equal side to side

I have been reading all the threads on slide adjustments, went through the Newmar PDF, Newmar quick tips etc and I am stuck.

I started with the slide needing an inner saddle adjustment (when fully deployed, top of slide leaned in about 2”). To finish this adjustment, it required a small adjustment to the stop rods (the bottom of the slide was preventing the saddle adjustment to be completed at the top). Both of these adjustments were easy and the slide when fully deployed is square top to bottom.

However, when viewing the slide from the outside as it closes, it is no longer equal on both sides (see pic). The Newmar PDF says to correct this by loosening the nut in the center of the activation tube? I can’t find the tube anywhere? It doesn’t appear to be a transtorque bushing adjustment, the PDF says to do this when the slide is unequal to the side of the coach. I am trying to move the slide an inch or two towards the front of the coach, it still closes flat.

Totally lost here, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Name:	IMG_1067.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	253.7 KB
ID:	256505
Old 08-11-2019, 09:27 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Closer at top than bottomClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	256507
Old 08-11-2019, 09:28 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club

Views:	44
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	256508
Old 08-11-2019, 09:50 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You know each slide rail has a saddle adjustment and did you adjust both?
Looking for slide adjustment threads!
The stop rods are for movement and stopping the slide when reaching outside wall and not over extend slide not for any side way adjustment.
Your slide if LR slide has a pot adjustment to give the motor current to get big slide up ramp, is this the one your talking about?
People have found pot adjusted to high and damage can result, pot is only adjusted to move slides not to speed up a slide, all Newmar slides move slowly.
This is result of to high of pot adjustment or stop rods not adjusted correctly.
This is the result of a search the second post should be what you need and read whole thread for other links to answer.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:22 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks 007! Yes, I adjusted both saddles when fully extended. After the adjustment the top of the slide was still out ½” but the bottom was very tight. I Used the stop rods to prevent the slide from going out so far, this provided the slack to finish the saddle adjustment. I have not considered the pot adjustment. I did find the activation tube between the two bolts for adjust up and down. I loosened these, but the weight of the slide is on the two bolts. Wondering how to push the slide over a couple of inches.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1075.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	256514
Old 08-11-2019, 10:25 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
It also appears the bottom of the slide is out farther than the top. I assume this would require the transtorque bushing to be loosened, but again not sure how to leverage the bottom in?
Old 08-11-2019, 10:25 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club

Views:	36
Size:	408.2 KB
ID:	256515
Old 08-11-2019, 01:00 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You may need to put saddle adjustments back to where they were that adjustment is in near center of slide which it seems slide is at a imbalance from your description..
Which slide are we trying to adjust?
Kitchen slides are different.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:14 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Any ole Joe View Post
Have my answer, a kitchen slide have guide bolts for side to side movement this next link should help which is also in the new slide write up. The rear of this spec page 32 will show shoulder bolt locations four of them. This is a thread with same problem and after we found out what slide we were talking about proceeded to fix, Sorry for the miss leading advise.
Maybe I am trying to do to much. When I merge your threads I saw your first post again from a day ago.
Old 08-11-2019, 04:25 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";4905157]Thanks for pictures and advise Any Ol Joe will be using in this new [B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/slides-the-good-bad-and-the-ugly-455627.html
slide thread[/URL][/B].
Before you adjusted were the bolts nuts loose causing you the problem with upper slide.

No 007, all bolts were tight. Not sure what caused the change.

Tags
slide