Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2017, 12:30 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I Ended Up With These Tires On My Coach

I have these on my coach as a result of demanding new tires be installed before the sale.

I don't know anything about them other than the sales hype on Youtube (below). I'm just now getting around to investigating their durability and hoping to find reviews.

So, I guess the next question is does anyone have them on their coach? How do you like them, if you do? and of course, how long will these last? So far, 4K on them without incident.

Typical sales hype on Youtube

Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2017, 12:38 PM   #2

Web shows as a China tire. To be positive, check the mfg number on the tire to published list.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:45 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Looks like China to me.

COMPASAL

you can find more info at the link above.

Cheers.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:53 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yeah, they are. I found them about five minutes after I posted the thread. I'm really interested in safety, reliability, mileage and reviews now. I hope someone chimes in that already has them.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:55 PM   #5

I would be surprised if you find anyone with an RV that has these. These cheap Chinese tires have multiple brand names and are sold at truck stops for non-critical applications, like trailers. Some while back there was a recall on some of these due to tread separation but haven't heard bad things for a while. I had a similar pair (different name) on my previous coach and they lasted for years without any problems. The rubber was hard so they did not absorb bumps well but for truck applications that would be OK.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:50 PM   #6

Since they are new, the tire provider might let you trade out for one you are comfortable with, and pay the difference. I wouldn't have thought that a RV dealer would put those on but I have not heard of that brand of tire.
Smosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:31 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algoma View Post
I would be surprised if you find anyone with an RV that has these. These cheap Chinese tires have multiple brand names and are sold at truck stops for non-critical applications, like trailers. Some while back there was a recall on some of these due to tread separation but haven't heard bad things for a while. I had a similar pair (different name) on my previous coach and they lasted for years without any problems. The rubber was hard so they did not absorb bumps well but for truck applications that would be OK.
I looked up the tire designations and I actually have two different sets of Compasal tires, they are both drive tires and steering tires as they should be. They are as you say "rough as a cob."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smosher View Post
Since they are new, the tire provider might let you trade out for one you are comfortable with, and pay the difference. I wouldn't have thought that a RV dealer would put those on but I have not heard of that brand of tire.
It wasn't actually the dealer that put them on. The PO did prior to consigning the coach.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:59 PM   #8

I would rather negotiate a lower price than have a seller repair or replace anything. They are selling... They have no concern about quality or durability. I do.

Sent from my XT1585 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
AITG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie72704 View Post
I looked up the tire designations and I actually have two different sets of Compasal tires, they are both drive tires and steering tires as they should be. They are as you say "rough as a cob."

It wasn't actually the dealer that put them on. The PO did prior to consigning the coach.
2 comments.

You do not put "drive" tires on a motorhome. They will drive you crazy with the noise they make. Either "all position" or "steer" tires all round is the norm.

The PO just went out and bought the cheapest tires he could find so the tread looked good and there was no sidewall cracking. If you decide to replace them check with Love's as they normally will buy the tires off you when you get new ones. They paid me $75 each for the Yokohama's on my old coach.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:24 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Never the less, that's what I have on my RV. And yes, they are noisy and rough riding. I appreciate the information on Loves. Thanks.

Tags
tires