Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2014, 06:05 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks again everyone that has replied 007 yes I have talked to nemar and they to are stumped. as a matter of fact while I was at the Newmar dealer a factory rep was there and he could not figure out the problem. Targaboat I was using an amp meter inline from the batteries when I compared the reading from my panel in the coach it was so close I have gone to trusting the coach readout I have time and am willing to put in the effort as I have stated I have pulled the fuses to all the circuts should I be pulling individual bulbs as well? how would I check to see if the small solar panel is causing the drain? I love our coach but it is driving us nuts
Medic318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2014, 06:25 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The small solar panel circuit is explained in this link I had posted.
Solar panels should charge the batteries through a controller can there be a reverse affect if something is wrong with controller.
Solar Systems

If you read Product Description of this link talks about current draw of batteries.

Do you have a switch of some kind to disconnect the Solar system from your battery system and see if the 4 amp draw is no longer there.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #17

I dont have solar, yet, but when I looked at it, If you dont have, or the controller isnt working correctly when its dark out it will have a drain, reverse power. Also when you check for drains at the batteries try to identify to what cable has the drain, you should have more than one battery feed to various things and then try to indentify anything thats been added
Old 01-07-2014, 07:31 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
You have done your home work on the current measurement. How about compartment lights you think are off. Also every device which uses 12 volts which is automatic has some drain, like frig, water heater, control panel, solenoids, microwave, chargers of all kinds, radios, remote operated devices such as awnings, door locks, ----I am winding down but sure there are more. Together they can add up. Tanks heaters you might not even know you have. I am sure you have considered most, but all??? One would almost have to make a check off list. I have forgotten, have you removed all of the 12v fuses? Sit in the recliner after you have tired yourself out and use you eyes and I bet you will think of something else. Entertainment system on but muted. The one outside behind the lock compartment you do not think about.
targaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:49 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tank heaters could be off 12v but I think they are off a 120v circuit.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:17 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Don't for get that many 120 volt items have 12 volt controls including solenoids which are operated by 12 volts which can be a drain on the 12 volt system. I believe that most will say that does not amount to much, but that is exactly what the OP is looking for in his search for relatively small drain to start with.
targaboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery