Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2016, 03:00 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Red face Help with Step Well Cover

Need help on my step well cover – it is in the down position and will not rise up. The fuse is good, the switch is good, but I do not hear the motor when the switch is depressed. I searched the forum for ideas on how to lift up the step tread sufficiently to get my hand in and release what ever is holding the step. I can only move the lower edge of the step up about an inch, or so. I saw one response on my Newmar Forum search that said “Simply lift the Bottom stair get your hand under the bottom edge and pull towards you. The stair will raise to the up position unless the screw drive is still engaged”, which I believe must be the case as it will not lift enough. I called Tech Support at Newmar and was told there is an access door behind the motor that is accessed through the generator area. Did not find any access there!

Any help on this will be appreciated!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2016, 03:16 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I had the same problem when I bought my Monaco used. Make sure the step linkage is motored to the raised position before you try to raise it by hand. I know the step cover won't move, but the linkage will. Then you may find the linkage is disconnected.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:05 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is a link of several in QT's # 3 "step trouble section" that may help you out.
All the links below in my signature will have other answers for your Newmar.
Enjoy the forum and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:54 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I had the same issue and it turned out to be a loose wire on the back of the dash switch.
TwoCorners is offline   Reply With Quote