Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2015, 06:01 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJFZ View Post
No generator slide on my previous 2012 Dutch Star 3734. I serviced my own generator and never thought it needed a slide. The maintenance compartment with the filters was easily reached.

Mike

The problem is when you get a few more hours on the generator and need to replace belts or hoses. Even a coolant temp sensor or thermostats is a major issue. To do any of those things the unit will need to be removed from the coach. The labor bill for that operation will be north of $600-800.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2015, 07:18 PM   #44

Mid Atlantic Campers
Well, we finally got to the famous Hershey RV show today(last day Sunday). It was definitely the biggest RV show that we have been to indeed.

Here are a few thoughts about it and brands of Motorhomes. "For next year"

Park on the opposite side of the road as the show and walk across. If you park on the same side you will be in The parking lot with Hershey Park attendees and will put two miles and 20 minutes on the car before you find a spot a long way from the show.

Most camping resort booths are inside ringing the Giant Center. Best bathrooms in there too especially after finding level full toilets and urinals in the outdoor restroom building. Yuk!

RVOne put up very nice displays with Entegra and Newmar well represented. They also have the most aggressive salesmen with almost everyone approaching us at one time or another. (Maybe not enough customers looking) We told every one we had a Ventana LE and to a tee everyone asked what year it was! Are they sales robots?

Entegra really gave you a lot for the money but they come off as too blingy for our taste. Lots of chrome to polish if you need a retirement job.

Found the Tiffin display following the blimp overhead. To a tee not one salesman approached us or asked what we had now. (Uncle Bob went home Saturday) Lots of coaches in the display. Very little variability in Tiffin floor plans from our point of view. They are nice though. (We might have been getting tired by then.)

Final thoughts, Dutch Star would be the highest line we would ever consider trading up to someday. Bottom line, Newmar changes to the Ventana LE line are not games changers and we were never enticed to break the bank for a new one. That is a successful show in my mind!
Old 09-21-2015, 09:35 AM   #45

Final count from RVOne was 117 units sold. Slightly more Newmars than Entegras. I think that is even more than last year.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:48 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOLEYMECH View Post
Also at show RV One raised the Newmar MSRP $5-6000.00 on the Dutch Star. We canceled our test ride. When asked by the Newmar Factory rep why? We told them, they acted shocked and said the dealer is not allowed to do that. They did, we had the coach sheet from Newmar showing the final MSRP price with options. Thieves. I then checked their BBB rating in Florida, Not good. I walked away, not an apology, phone call, nothing.

They did have a glitch in their software that did the change.

I'm not sure why that would make you upset as no one in their right mind pays MSRP. The only number that matters is the one you write on your check. I tend to look at what am I getting for my money. If I do my research then I'll know what I should be paying and respond accordingly.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:59 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
It's not the point of MSRP or Number on a check ... it is the integrity of the dealer, an apology would surely been in order.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:02 PM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We went out to the show yesterday and drove our coach there. We stayed overnight (Saturday) just down the road at a campground in Dutch Wonderland so we were able to get there early and enjoyed a full day at the show. We parked in the lot very close to the entrance for free. Our walk over to the show was not 5 minutes so we were very happy about that part.

We had another couple with us who were looking at small travel trailers but the wife and I did go over to the Newmar area. We looked at all the coaches and yes they were all nice but did not see anything that made me want to give up our 4369 Ventana at this time. The entire area was buzzing and we were approached twice by RVOne reps. We visited the RVOne dealer in their Orlando location a couple years ago when we were looking at Entegra and felt they used a "High Pressure" sales approach. At the Hershey show we felt the same although they were not that aggressive with pricing. I did feel we could get a better price elsewhere. Two different reps gave us two different numbers, just did not make sense. We provided both reps the same exact info. I think there are probably times where you can get a good price at the show and maybe other times no. I did feel RVOne did a good job displaying the Newmar brand.

The Hershy RV show is a huge event and we will probably try to attend again next year. The vendors at this show are plenty and have a ton to offer. Was well worth the trip.
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:45 PM   #49

FWIW - We are in Hershey now at the Hershey Campground for other reasons. Took a ride over to the show location today to see what was there. SO figured out how big the show is and announced we will not be trying to go there. Much too BIG!! ;-))
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote