RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
welcome

worleybyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congrats and welcome to the forum. I enjoyed your story very much. Nice looking rig! That's a big one but everything is bigger in Texas.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
Steve,

Found out today that it only does it with the slides in. May be one of those "undocumented features". We used to call em "bugs" in system test!
You just can't trust those engineers (and even worse, programmers ). They think they have to keep adding or changing stuff. Must have something to do with staying employed. Glad you found out the cause. Enjoy your new coach.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I resemble that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenSherwin View Post
You just can't trust those engineers (and even worse, programmers ). They think they have to keep adding or changing stuff. Must have something to do with staying employed. Glad you found out the cause. Enjoy your new coach.
Careful there, Ken…you will hurt my feelings

I'm a retired communications engineer (two way radio type stuff)

I have to say "think you" for this incredible Comfort Drive system! I really did think it was just so much marketing hype, there was just no way it would make as much difference as people said…I mean, it's just a glorified power steering system.… wow! Was I ever wrong about that, sure does make it relaxing to drive this 44,000 pound "truck" down the road!
Lee L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
SWEEEEET!

Gotta love those learnin' curves.

Enjoy your new MH and be safe!
Old 09-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congrats on getting her home and hope you enjoy all the miles ahead of you. Oh, did I mention GREAT looking coach. Be Safe!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #21

Congrats on the Ventana and welcome to the Newmar family.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #22

The next issue you are going to have is damaged drive shaft if you try to move motorhome with air dumped.

The driveshaft is in a blind when you dump air bags and should never be driven that way.

Dave
DAJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank you, Dave....I am aware of that problem, the only reason I dumped the bags was to see how much extra clearance it would give me, I never moved it an inch in that configuration.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Our 2014 Newmar Dutch Star makes a very loud sound when we start it up until the brake is released due to the step remaining out. When the emergency brake released the step comes in so the alarm sounds until it is in place for travel. Not sure if that is the source of your alarm but just a thought.
Jbgrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbgrams View Post
Our 2014 Newmar Dutch Star makes a very loud sound when we start it up until the brake is released due to the step remaining out. When the emergency brake released the step comes in so the alarm sounds until it is in place for travel. Not sure if that is the source of your alarm but just a thought.
Under normal operation, the steps will activate while opening and closing your door but you can over ride that while camping in order to keeps the steps in the out position. You may have your switch in the wrong position.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here is the answer to the "phantom warning buzzer"

I decided it was time to try to get the definitive answer to why the warning buzzer was going off, "Loudly" when the drivers seat was all the way back.

I went out, just to make sure, pulled in the slides, retracted the jacks, made sure the steps were up (BTW, they retract whenever the ignition is on, no matter what position the switch is in). Sure enough, it still did the same thing..."LOUD" warning buzzer if the seat was all the way back, quit as soon as I moved it a few inches forward.

So....I called the Freightliner help desk, talked to a very nice guy by the name of Steve.....he had never heard of such a thing. After both of us scratched our heads for several minutes, Steve opined that it COULD be something that Newmar hooked up, because the chassis was shipped without seats, therefore Freightliner wouldn't know anything about that. He offered to conference in Newmar and help me get to the bottom of this....as he was getting ready to make the call, he casually mentioned that it could be a pinched wire in the drivers seat wiring...and the light bulb went off You might recall that I mentioned that I had to replace the 30 amp fuse for drivers seat power, the day after we got home....I had checked the power wires coming to the seat and they were fine...I did notice that there was a separate bundle of 4 wires that was routed differently up to the seat. Sure enough, I got down under the seat and moved it around....with the seat in it's most rearward position, that bundle of wires was getting pinched under the seat slide mechanism I pulled the wire loom off, couldn't find any broken wires or bare insulation...re-routed the bundle where it can't get under the seat slides.....AND the problem went away....no more warning buzzer that turns on and off with seat movement

I have to say: "kudos to Freightliner help desk" I was, quite frankly, shocked at how quickly I got through and how helpful and knowledgeable they are...certainly a refreshing change from "off shore" tech support

Thank you to everyone that had suggestions and possible solutions, this is a great group of folks, you have no idea how much I appreciate it!
Old 09-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Glad you found an answer to your alarm experience.

JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent