Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2018, 12:20 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Given the apparent universal disdain for this "feature", I'm amazed that somebody at Newmar hasn't already heard about it from customers and removed it from their coaches.

I think it looks good on a list of standard features.
It takes Newmar a while to change, they stick with things for awhile.
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2018, 12:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
I had to chuckle when I read this thread. In our 2014 Ventana LE, the "computer table" lasted about two hours. That's how long it took us to get to the first rest stop! The wrenches came out and into the baggage bay it went.

Just yesterday, in preparation for the trip to pick up our new coach in a couple of weeks, I put the computer table back into the baggage bay in case the new owner might want it. I can't imagine that they would, but it is their choice.

Guess what the first order of business will be after picking up our new coach. Yep...the wrenches will come out again and the stupid thing will be in the baggage compartment before we head home.

TJ
As a first time owner of a Newmar, I have to say the engineering of the removal of the "desk" is top notch! One set screw and out it came. No wrenches required!
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:24 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
That’s design engineering [emoji4]coreyinWP thanks for making me laugh
Old 06-14-2018, 12:28 PM   #18
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
If you want to make a hanging "mobile" art feature, Stuart, let me know. We'll send you ours.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:35 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My wife has complained about it as well...(since she usually the passenger) I just have not had time to look at what it takes to remove it...you guys have given me the incentive to finally pull it out.

Would be nice to turn the chair around now!
richpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
My DS has one under the bed, soon to be in my garage

Incorporate the table into your existing wall art. Let your creativity run free.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:45 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by richpatty View Post
My wife has complained about it as well...(since she usually the passenger) I just have not had time to look at what it takes to remove it...you guys have given me the incentive to finally pull it out.

Would be nice to turn the chair around now!

It will take you longer to find your Allen head wrench the to remove it
Old 06-14-2018, 12:51 PM   #22

On my coach if I recall, it was just a 1/2" bolt and it slides out of the lower bracket on the bottom of the seat. Not sure what it would take to get the lower bracket off.

While you're down there, I "Highly Suggest" that you take a few minutes to secure the wiring under the seat. My wiring was dragging around and getting caught in the track and pinched from not being supported correctly. I realized this one day as I went to spin the seat around, the wiring was wrapped around the base preventing the seat from moving enough.
Idleup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:56 PM   #23

When we took factory delivery on our 2014 Essex and entered the motorhome for the first time I asked our technician can you get rid of the passenger seat computer table. Accident waiting to happen
tmh1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
It will take you longer to find your Allen head wrench the to remove it
10-4.

Thanks!
richpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:16 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idleup View Post
Well it took me just a week or so to remove and solve my problems with Newmar’s "Goofy" designed computer table.
Mine came out immediately. Darn thing really rattled going down the road.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:27 PM   #26
mre

I removed mine also after a couple of days on the road.
It is one of about half dozen us things I classify a "Newmar, what we're you thinking"?
Old 06-14-2018, 01:56 PM   #27

We had the dealer remove ours before we even left. In Newmar's wisdom, they installed seat belts in the floor on the door side even though we deleted that sofa as a special, and they knew I was planning on having a cabinet installed in that space post delivery.

Ken

2018 DS 4052 Spartan
Jeep Cherokee Toad
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:01 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Horrible Nightmare Luxury Option!

I’m amused. Seems I can recall about 5-6 years ago lots of posts, lots of threads, lots of owners posting ‘sure would be nice to have some kind of fold out desk on the pax seat’, ‘why can’t Newmar offer a fold out table?’, ‘what the heck is wrong with those folks in Nappanee? Don’t they read this forum? EVERYONE wants a fold out work surface!!!’

Well, now you’ve got one and half the folks (or more) are bi!$hin’ about it! It has to be able to withstand a certain G-force to avoid going projectile in an accident, or cracking under the strain when you hit a bump while someone’s leaning on it. Seems y’all forgot to mention you wanted it made of magnesium and carbon fiber so it could be installed and positioned with no visible means of support. They could do it for ya, I know they could! Cost about $3G per, I’m thinkin’, but it’d be what you’re looking for. Newmar is the king of the customized mass build. They can do whatever you ask, as long as you’ll pay for it.

Alternatively, if the dim-bulb designers at Newmar are as clueless as your posts would indicate, feel free to design your own (that meets the same performance specs, of course). Post pics. [emoji6][emoji106]
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote