Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #1

Horsehair brush vs lambswool mitt

I have a 2012 Baystar with full body paint. With regards to exterior care, the owners manual states IN BOLD CAPS, ABSOLUTELY NO BRUSHES SHOULD BE USED ON THE PAINTED SURFACE. Use cotton or lambswool pads or mitts. Blue Beacon truck/RV wash uses a very soft horsehair brush and does hundreds of RV's daily across the country.

Does anyone have experience with Blue Beacon.....good and/or bad???

Are any of you using a brush type product? Effects on your paint job???

Your experiences and thoughts will be appreciated.

Regards..........Don
doncatedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2013, 06:22 AM   #2

I figured I'd follow the advise Newmar put in the manual and ordered the lambs wool pad and squeegee from them. When I got it, I saw that it was made/sold by Mary Moppins and you can get tehm direct from them for 1/2 of what Newmar charges at
Mary Moppins | Go Green With Mary Moppins
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi......any type of brush will leave marks on a high end paint job. I use the mary mop pad and it work great. If you look a cars that have gone through car washes, they show the brush marks.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #4

lambs wool

We were at the factory this week and had the opportunity to get tours of both the paint and buffing depts. from Rich and Phil who run those depts. besides being completely impressed by the quality of the entire operation and the people who man those depts., we were able to ask some questions about care and feeding of our coach. They do recommend lamb wool only for cleaning, baby shampoo or high quality car wash for soap, where shine is most important they like any high quality Carnuba wax, and for best protection for long time exposure to the elements they like 3m liquid marine wax.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #5

*from Rich and Jay
Old 10-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #6

I never thought RV paint could be more delicate than car paint.

My rig seems to quickly gather and maintain a protective layer of patina. Seems a shame to disturb it when it will appear again during the next bit of road.

Lots of folks spend time buffing the bling, while I am touring, off-roading, and such. And each to their own ways!

I do it with Blue Beacon (does an awesome job) or an in-camp service.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote