Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2018, 05:05 PM   #1

House water pump low pressure

My 2004 Kountry Star has pretty low water pressure using the house pump. I located it behind the water service panel on the drivers side, and it looks impossible to get out. Has anyone replaced their water pump on this coach and have some methods for getting it out? One issue for sure is Newmar crimped the clamps so it looks like I have to cut the water line to get it off. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2018, 05:12 PM   #2

The pump should have twist off line connections on both sides AND a debris screen on the inlet side , before you spring for a new pump , check the debris screen , it screws off too and can probably be removed without moving the pump.
This is one type of debris screen, there are a few different types.
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2018, 06:35 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
This is what it looks like behind your wet bay panel water pump is to the left.
Is your city water valve completely turned to its correct position.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";4155688]This is [B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/original-part-1-and-2-quick-tips-and-easy-mods-18509-7.html#post580
what it looks like [/URL][/B]behind your wet bay panel water pump is to the left.
Is your city water valve completely turned to its correct position.
Yeah it is and city water works fine, only pump water is low. I spect the filter may be clogged and upon closer inspection I may be able to get it off. Newmar could not have done worse if they planned for it.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:37 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You have valves off FWT that need to be fully opened, if you winterized they would have been closed.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:37 AM   #6

007 we do not winterize, not necessary here. This problem has been getting worse for a while since last year.

I took the strainer off and cleaned it out, not much debrie there. Blew it out with compressed air to dry and then put back, same problem.

The pressure is such only one faucet can be open at a time otherwise its just a trickle when pump is turned on. The pump sounds ok when it runs.

I hooked up the hose to house freshwater and turned it on with the pressure limiter in the circuit and it worked fine. I can run all three faucets at once with no degradation.

One thing I did notice was there was no water draining out of the supply to the water pump when I opened the system. Seemed odd to me cause it is the lowest part of the water system.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:12 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Hi SeattlePirat,
Our coaches should be alike. The pump position is a PITA. One need several screw drivers (stubby and regular length). Consider getting the pump off the wall first. Then work at getting the lines disconnected.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:42 AM   #8

May need to replace the pump with a higher capacity one.
Breezy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:46 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi SeattlePirat,
Our coaches should be alike. The pump position is a PITA. One need several screw drivers (stubby and regular length). Consider getting the pump off the wall first. Then work at getting the lines disconnected.
That is the plan for step 2. I will take it out and find out which one I have and move on from there. Right now, since I opened the strainer and cleaned it doesnt want to readily pressurize. I spect it is the pump.

I can put my hand behind the panel and feel it and seem like maybe its hung on rubber fitting of some sort. Im really thinking about taking my spiral cutter and making a hole on the panel for access, then taking a piece of similar texture to close it when IM finished.

The pump has been adequate for years, not as good a city water but ok.

Tags
water, water pump