Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2016, 03:31 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
How best to thread new BTS to Inverter

I have a problem with the Battery Temp Sensor on my Xantrex RV2012. It was signaling that the batteries were over/under temperature and would not allow inverter to charge batteries.

Xantrex Service Center advised to unplug BTS from front panel of the RV 2012, and batteries shot right back up to 14.4vdc and eventually settled at 13.4; good to go!

I procured a new BTS cable, but threading or snaking it through the plastic protector hollow core all the way back to the adjacent bay that holds the inverter appears to be most difficult.

Has anyone threaded the BTS through this way, what trick did you use, or do you have another solution to get this done?

Thanks,

John

Golden Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2016, 08:52 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I'll be watching this. I had the same problem, same remedy, now looking to replace my BTS as well. At the same time, I need to run the wiring for a ME-BMK voltage meter as well.

Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:58 AM   #3

As I remember only short portions of the cable are in the a wire loom. A section from where it entered the bay to the inverter and then an area from the battery compartmet. The balance of the cable was just coiled and tie wraped to the frame behind the inverter bay. If the plug will fit through the loom you could tie a string onto the old plug and pull out the wire and then use the string to pull in the new wire. The wire loom is also split the full lenght so if you can pull it out of the split in the loom and will only have to push the wire through the sections where they enter the compartments.

Tags
inverter