Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2017, 11:11 AM   #43

We were unable to get the hot water spigot at the front of the coach because we opted for the pressure washer instead. I will be more than happy to use the Pressure Washer when we get to our final destination but I think it is a little too much to break that out while filling up for gas getting everyone around wet with the spray. Does anyone have an idea why the factory doesn't offer these as mutually excluding options, it's not like one would use the at the same time. It would be nice to grab a small hose and throw some hot on the windshield to get the bugs off. Do you think a dealer could add one?
Avspaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2017, 11:17 AM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
I surely didn't see a pressure washer option. What coach are we talking about?
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:18 AM   #45

How clean is your Newmar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
I surely didn't see a pressure washer option. What coach are we talking about?

KGDB
Avspaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:28 AM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avspaces View Post
KADB
OK, I think the KA stands for King Aire. Not sure about the DB
You can put your coach and other information in your signature line if you want. It's in the user cp in the green bar above.

Thanks
Bill
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:48 PM   #47
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Cheap Harbor Freight pressure washer stripped down to it's basics, (about the size of a football) mounted to the right of the generator.

I have some tubs mounted in front of the generator where I keep some cleaning supplies. I keep one of those expanding hoses there. I've tried the coil hoses, but they seem hard to stretch out and catch on everything. I've had that expanding hose for about five years and use it a lot. I bought a new one this year with the brass ends from Home Depot. The first time I used it, it exploded before the I finished turning the water one. There are some good ones out there.

Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:59 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Cheap Harbor Freight pressure washer stripped down to it's basics, (about the size of a football) mounted to the right of the generator.

I have some tubs mounted in front of the generator where I keep some cleaning supplies. I keep one of those expanding hoses there. I've tried the coil hoses, but they seem hard to stretch out and catch on everything. I've had that expanding hose for about five years and use it a lot. I bought a new one this year with the brass ends from Home Depot. The first time I used it, it exploded before the I finished turning the water one. There are some good ones out there.

Neal,

Look this over - looks like it's the answer - as it appears you should have gotten the once a week, free cleaning option, when you bought the Coach.

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:04 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Can't answer right now. Spit shining the rock guard.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:29 PM   #50

Ours is about 3 1/2 years old right now and still looks better than the day we took delivery. I think the best way to keep it clean, and looking new is to keep a good coat of wax on it. I wax it myself 2-3 times a year and wash it every time we take it out. I use the CR spotless, so washing it is a breeze and it leaves it shinning, and if waxed properly all the dirt just floats right off.

The last time we were out I was talking to a guy who had a 1 year old Dutchstar, and he commented on how fun it is to have a brand new MH, he couldn't believe it when I told him it was over 3 years old. He asked who did my detailing and was even more surprised when I told him I do it myself. He told me he had already spent over $2000 since buying his on washing/waxing and it still didn't shine like mine does. All it really is, is a little elbow grease.

When on the road I carry all the stuff to wash if I had to, but never have. I keep a spray bottle full of the CRspotless water and use that to clean the front, and windshield when we stop for the day, or any areas where the AC's may have dripped. The longest we have been on the road is 6 weeks and it still looked fairly clean, even though not up to my usual standards. I figure I can always make it look new again when I get home.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:40 PM   #51

I wash the bugs off the front every travel day when we stop for the evening. I carry a CS Spotless DI water system with me- it's great for washing the coach as it doesn't leave any water spots. I've used Theford Wash & Wax for 35 years with great results- always leaves a great shine. I also spray my rim wash mitt with Maguiar's Tire & rim cleaner as it leaves them really bright & shinny.

Happy Trails
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 02:55 PM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Dirt. What's that? My OCD lends me to wash & detail frequently. Never leave home without it (clean & shiny coach). I also demand that no brushes of any type be used when having 3rd party RV Wash & Detailing services do my coach for me when traveling, the likes you find servicing most larger RV parks & resorts, and carry my own washing tools, i.e. CR filter set, lambswool mitts, pads and extension poles, etc. which I let them use in lieu of their brushes.
NKK Member 21619 / FMCA Member 465836
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:46 PM   #53
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I have the worst luck. Whenever I put the time into doing a really nice clean job on my Ventana, it will inevitably rain on the very next trip out. I'm always in awe of guys with clean MHs. Mine always looks terrible.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:08 PM   #54
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Rest assured my coach will be blindingly reflective at the Newmar rally!
I thought it already was because you always have your glasses on from the brightness off your sidewalls.
Also do not forget the roof should be shiney clean, I use Turtle Wax Cleaner on mine for years works easy.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:20 PM   #55

Neal where are you parked? I can come by and since it appears you need some more practice I can reroute our caravan of 15 coaches to your location. Looking forward to meeting you
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:44 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to millerj Send a message via Yahoo to millerj
I try not to touch our 2010 Baystar any more that I have to. We purchased the Baystar used this year after buying a house in Florida and selling our 2012 43 foot Ventana that we bought new that we spent winters in. We will use the Baystar for periodic trips and our travels between Indiana and Florida. I spent a month using cutting compounds and polishing compounds removing all of the scratches that built up on the Baystar over the previous six years of washing. The paint now looks better than new. I power wash and use the da water system to avoid spots but only use the mitts to wash when I have to. When I do use the wool washing tool I use the two bucket method with strainers in the bottom of each bucket to try and prevent picking up any dirt. Kind of anal but it works well and the coach looks great. I used the same method on my Ventana which I also removed scratches from that came from several washes at Northtrail. The Ventana paint was brilliant when it sold this year.

Tags
newmar