Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2016, 07:16 AM   #29

doesnt bother me cause i have a newer motorhome.

i find it the same as dog breed discrimination. if i look and my breed of dog is on the list i move on. we went to a rv resort that has pages and pages of rules. (left the dog home that trip) the sites were individually owned. had we brought the dog and not said anything i have no doubt there would have been a line at the office with the nosey do gooders. wanting to turn us in.

point of this is that most of the places that have age or dog breed rules arent worth going to any way since thats just the tip of the iceberg on rules.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2016, 01:48 PM   #30

Hello BrokenDown,
Just as long as your coach is clean, not rusted out, and in good condition, I would actually "fib" about the year - use a 10 year or less. The important thing here is the size so they can accommodate your needs. Most check in people if not all are "shoe clerks" - they cannot tell what year, model, and manufacture from one coach to another. This is really true when they hire school kids on the "cheap." What do these owners actually expect when they pay low cost wages?? Yes, the check in people are nice, but do they actually have the knowledge to tell what you drive? Most check in people are work camping in exchange for their lot, and most of these have 5th wheels. This is my experience. Talk technology with the front desk clerk about how to upgrade their wifi system and they are lost. They have problems with the PC and the software they use for booking. This is my experience with RV Parks.

Regards
Dutch Master
Dutch Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:53 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Master View Post
Hello BrokenDown,
Just as long as your coach is clean, not rusted out, and in good condition, I would actually "fib" about the year - use a 10 year or less. The important thing here is the size so they can accommodate your needs. Most check in people if not all are "shoe clerks" - they cannot tell what year, model, and manufacture from one coach to another. This is really true when they hire school kids on the "cheap." What do these owners actually expect when they pay low cost wages?? Yes, the check in people are nice, but do they actually have the knowledge to tell what you drive? Most check in people are work camping in exchange for their lot, and most of these have 5th wheels. This is my experience. Talk technology with the front desk clerk about how to upgrade their wifi system and they are lost. They have problems with the PC and the software they use for booking. This is my experience with RV Parks.

Regards
Dutch Master

You can do that but it sure would suck if you were getting done with a long drive and it was a holiday weekend and either no other campgrounds in the area or they are all full and they ask to see your registration. Tough to fib at that point. Or, every campground has the guy that has to make sure everyone plays by the rules, knows his RVs and drops a dime on you.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:19 PM   #32
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyP View Post
If the campground requires that your rig be 8 years old or newer and its not then go somewhere else...their campground, their rules....why whine about a rule, some of y'all are as bad as the owners of TT's, 5th wheels class B, Class C owners crying about the various class A only resorts out there they can't go to.....
Easy now.....I'm a 5th wheel owner and don't complain about anything. I've never had an issue getting into any RV Resort I've wanted to (never tried a Class A only) and never had anyone complain about being parked beside this (other than intrupting their view LOL)
Attached Images

Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:28 PM   #33

I just had the sidewalls replaced and the entire coach repainted by Newmar this year. If asked, my coach is a lot newer than the registration shows. It looks new.

On a side note, I understand that an RV park might want to keep put RVs that are not well kept. Why don't they just say that they have the right to refuse RVs that are not to a certain standard? I really do not understand setting an age. You may be able to afford to purchase a new trailer every 10 years but many of us cannot afford to purchase a new diesel pusher every 10 years. I cannot afford to replace the one I have so I keep it in top shape.

I once went to an RV park that had the 10 year rule. I had a 2 year old trailer at the time. There were really trashy trailers and the RV park was not well kept. I could not figure out what the point was of the sign that stated that RVs over 10 years old were not allowed.

If there are any RV park owners out there, I beg you to not go by the age of the coach but by the condition. I have seen a lot of older coaches in wonderful shape that should be allowed anywhere.
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:31 PM   #34

I feel your pain, and can understand the arguement... but,

it's akin to the pet rule with hotels... some allow them, most don't, and for good reasons - everyone ain't friendly for other folk's pets. I doesn't make the hotel better, or worse, just more accomodating to those who don't want to wind up next to a noisey pet, or neighbor, or house.

...I think.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:48 PM   #35

Ford Super Duty Owner
our old motorhome we just sold was a 86 model it looked new we pulled in to
two campgrounds that had the 10 yr rule one look out the window and we were
welcome never asked age
Old 08-30-2016, 08:51 PM   #36

Personnaly I wouldn't stay at an RV age restricted park. Too many other places to stay that will welcome you. Don't think anyone should lie, cheat, fib, etc to get into one of the parks that has age restrictions. While it is the park's right to have their own rules it is also my choice to stay elsewhere.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:55 PM   #37

I would pull in to the office parking lot of any RV park with a vehicle age-based restriction and march into the office. I'd tell them that I wouldn't stay in such a snobbish and and bigoted establishment if they were the only one for 200 miles. Then stomp out and continue on to another CG.

Maybe someone should start a "Name & Shame" listing for these encephallo-phallics. We're out of the game now, having sold our rig.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:16 PM   #38
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Folks, it's getting a bit heated here. I understand this is a sore subject w/some. But please tone it down.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:34 PM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Anyone ever had an RV park actually ask for their registration?

2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3742
Old 08-30-2016, 09:54 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
Ran into my first time of being asked about the age of my motorhome as part of a telephone "screening" to see if they would send us an "application" to stay at their RV park. I was told we just passed with our '07 model, but the fact that we were towing an old car on a trailer caused our FAILURE. They counted that as three vehicles, a "no no" in their world. Guess they expect me to look for a baseplate to tow a 1948 MG 4-down.

The phone person said we wouldn't find any campground in San Luis Obispo that would take a 10 year old RV. Not true, and we have our reservation.
I'll bet there are some "new enough" motorhomes in that park that are worth less than your '48 MG.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:16 AM   #41

The places that limit the year of the RV, I don't want to stay at a place like that anyway ! That's why I have my 1996 Newmar Kountry Aire set up to Boondock. We try not to stay at any RV park, They pack you in like Sardines and charge to much. Get out in Nature and Camp for free freecamping.net
RJenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:31 AM   #42

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludmilla View Post
I understand that an RV park might want to keep put RVs that are not well kept. Why don't they just say that they have the right to refuse RVs that are not to a certain standard?
The age restriction is unambiguous about the cutoff point. Assessing condition leaves a LOT of room for subjectivity. Unfortunately, in the real world these days, there are some (and the number seems to be growing) who would twist that subjectivity to claim being discriminated against for INSERT REASON. If I were a Park owner, I wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot pole.

So, while some might not like it, age is a pretty good descriptor.
blang is offline   Reply With Quote