Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2015, 07:40 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to millerj Send a message via Yahoo to millerj
How is refrigerator fastened to floor/cabinet?

I have a problem with the ice maker over filling the tray resulting in large clumps of ice being dumped from the ice maker. I think I may need to replace the water control valve in the back of the refrigerator. I have not looked at what I need to do before I can pull the refrigerator out of the cabinet. If any one can tell me how the refrigerator is attached to the floor or sides I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Jack
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2015, 08:53 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerj View Post
I have a problem with the ice maker over filling the tray resulting in large clumps of ice being dumped from the ice maker. I think I may need to replace the water control valve in the back of the refrigerator. I have not looked at what I need to do before I can pull the refrigerator out of the cabinet. If any one can tell me how the refrigerator is attached to the floor or sides I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Jack
The model of fridge would help.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:57 AM   #3

Mine has a screw into the floor,at each wheel in the front, under the removable cover.

Up top has a header board with screws going down into the top of the frig housing.

This is on a Maytag.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:10 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
What PDR JOHN said! My fridge is a GE, it is attached the same way....the 2 screws at the bottom were just laying around under the carpet.
The side clearance is a very minimum, you have to wiggle / pull the fridge left / right to move it out. My waterline separated from the compression fitting in the back , because it was NEVER tightened.
Siggy
siggyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:54 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
My refrigerator is a Maytag Model MFI2269VEM5. It has side by side doors for the refrigerator section at the top with a freezer drawer at the bottom. The ice maker is in the top left part of the refrigerator section.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:57 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Very good possibility that you have ice cubes sticking in the tray and not harvesting. When the next production cycle starts, it start with one or more trays full, thus overfilling all the others. This is often caused when you operate the ice maker in hard water where mineral deposits collect on the bottom of the tray, making them some what rough. Another cause can be when the water fill solenoid valve is changed (or disturbed) and the restricting rubber orifice in the inlet of the valve is not reinstalled, allowing a greater volume of water to inter during the timed filled cycle. Last but not least is too high water press (way too high) causing more volume to be introduced during the allotted fill time.

First option sounds like the most likely since it appears you have not had the refrigerator out. Jiim
JLDHELMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 07:50 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for all of your suggestions. Jim, I will take the ice maker out to see if I can tell if there is any hard water build up on the tray.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:28 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
millerj

I should have added, if your trays appear to be aluminum, you will probably see small white looking bumps. If so, carefully clean each slot with 0000 steel wool, rubbing front to back (not side to side that would be against he motion of the cube during harvest). If it is plastic, cure is iffy (plastic can be scratched, not polished), so find a commercial ice machine cleaner from a refrigeration supply house, dilute as directed and let stand in the trays for an hour or so, then rinse good. Hope this helps. Jim
JLDHELMS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator