Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2019, 12:37 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
HWH 610 series jack leveling system solenoid removal question

97 mountain aire 40" pusher with 610 HWH jack system. I have RR jack going down even when I want only fronts and it will not stay down when done leveling. I need to remove and rebuild the RR jack solenoid but want to make sure on the procedure. I take it that the top bolt has to be removed and the solenoid can be taken off. Is that the method? Is any problem with standing oil pressure involved? Pic below is my system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190828_172010.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	288.8 KB
ID:	263591  
bioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2019, 04:01 PM   #2

Are the wires to the solenoids marked for which jack they control?
I used a big pair of water pump pliers to unscrew the solenoid from the manifold.
If you want it done with the least effort, and have the time, just call HWH and get an RA number - send it in and they will charge only what it needs. They will ask if you want it repainted. Got mine back in a couple weeks.
I had all four of mine repaired and they charged me less than one reman'd solenoid would be - $150.
First thing I would do is contact Paul (azpete is his username), he has worked for HWH for 20+ years as a field tech and lives in his motorhome traveling around for HWH. He isn't a salesman but has offered his help here to anyone that needs it - free. Do a search for his user name and you'll find his phone # and email address - he said his phone is never off - call him.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 07:34 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ah so the bolt on top is not in need of removal then? The round T valve cylinder is threaded and unscrews....that may not be fun in my tight quarters with a wrench. No oil pressure issues upon removal that you know of?
Will do prob in spring now as time for storage is next. I just took out my furnace for testing and had to order a new circuit board as it would not ignite and everything else checked for function. Should have part tomorrow and test. Thanks for your help. I have Pauls number already but have not called him till I am ready.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:16 AM   #4

The solenoids are not screwed in very tight so all you need to do it get a grip on the solenoid and start to turn and it'll move easy by hand. I had my jacks up, so no pressure on the system. (My pump was shot) When I removed the solenoid there was a little fluid that came out, so have something to catch that couple tablespoons of fluid - remember, I sent all 4 back in for rebuild, so I got more fluid from all 4 than you would for one. My pump assy was tucked in in just front of the rear bumper - had to remove the bumper to get to it. I think I remember Paul telling me to look for the nut in the end of the solenoid that slides into the manifold. If it was there, that was good, if not, not good. Talk to him.
If you are storing indoors, I would send the solenoid in now and you'll have them back over the winter and ready to screw back into the manifold without delay, in the spring. I put a plastic bag over the manifold openings while I waited for the return.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:02 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks for info. I think I can grab the solenoid without removing the bumper again as the solenoid that goes to the rr jack is the first on left side and may be able to get it from open engine door. As you can see in pic I just replaced the 2 regulators and took bumper of for that. Building an 18x44 building in the next few weeks so can take off when stored for winter rebuild.
Thanks again.
Old 10-15-2019, 04:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioguy View Post
Thanks for info. I think I can grab the solenoid without removing the bumper again as the solenoid that goes to the rr jack is the first on left side and may be able to get it from open engine door. As you can see in pic I just replaced the 2 regulators and took bumper of for that. Building an 18x44 building in the next few weeks so can take off when stored for winter rebuild.
Thanks again.
Nice!! Might consider sending all 4 back for rebuild - if one has burned out, .... It cost me less than $150 for all 4 and they only change what needs to be changed. They fit in a usps box IIRC - I put them in a gallon storage bag and added bubble wrap.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.

Tags
hwh, leveling, removal, solenoid