Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2019, 07:45 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry davis View Post
Headed to HWH on October 14 to have Active Air installed. We will be living in the coach for the week with our mini labradoodle. I’ll post my thoughts after a week or so of travel. Moscow Iowa for a week, wow!
Jerry, FYI with the dog. The stair system up to your door has holes in it and maybe prongs for anti-slip, my dog would not walk on them. I found several pieces of carpet in their garage and put them over the stairs so the dog would then walk on them fine. A little dangerous as they had overhang but you may need to do the same for your dog.

It was very relaxing in the garage, very quiet, not bad at all. I had good cellular in there. You'll empty your tanks (g/b) upon arrival only for weight, after that you can use the facilities in your coach as you wish. Make sure your fresh tank is 99% full (manual fill if needed to go beyond autofill) but we were able to rig up a fresh water feed from their spigot in the garage but it leaked a bit.

Enjoy, it's a great system.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2019, 03:10 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
I had the Konis installed on the front of our coach in October when we were at the Spartan factory in Charlotte. It did help my 19 Cornerstone some, but not a great deal. I'm having the HWH Active Air installed on our coach in August 2020. I'm hoping for kinds of improvement reported here.
Distracted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 12:28 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
I had the Konis installed on the front of our coach in October when we were at the Spartan factory in Charlotte. It did help my 19 Cornerstone some, but not a great deal. I'm having the HWH Active Air installed on our coach in August 2020. I'm hoping for kinds of improvement reported here.
I just had Konis installed at NIRVC Las Vegas ( ordered from Spartan) Drove around for about five miles, I know it’s not much but I definitely noticed an improvement, the steering a little more responsive and the bumps a little tamer, back to California this week let’s see how it handles, if it can take the crappy California roads it will be all good

Zzotte
Old 12-05-2019, 10:18 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzotte View Post
Ok appointment it’s all set August 2020 a good time to visit the Midwest

Zzotte
Did you pick that date or was that as soon as you could get the appointment?
Old 12-05-2019, 10:48 PM   #33

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Even though I enjoyed watching the install, the DW and I agree that if we had to do it again we would not spend the week living at HWH. We would drop the coach off, head to zchicago, and spend a week enjoying the city. 😁😁
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:05 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
Did you pick that date or was that as soon as you could get the appointment?

I picked that date to dovetail with my reservation at the Entegra school in mid September.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:07 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
That's something like what we're planning. I'm sure my DW would not be happy in Moscow for a week.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:18 AM   #36

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I just got under my coach, I can’t believe that those tiny little shocks are adequate for the 17k front axle no under it bounces to high havens, any way Mr. D this question is for you, from reading some of your previous posts I understand you have cats, how did you managed to have your Active air installed with your cats on board, I will be faced with the same issue, I have no place to keep her for a week. Thanks

Zzotte
I lived in the rig up on the rack at HWH for the week, cats inside except for the one that likes to walk on a leash. When they need to work inside I moved all cats to the back and closed one of the sliding doors. Worked just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190501_094053.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	268755  
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:15 PM   #37

Country Coach Owners Club
Ride Height

Mr D
I have an appointment in November at HWH To install Active Air. They are requesting that I provide the manufacturer's ride height and I have no idea where to find this information. I have a 2007 Magna 42' Country Coach. Looked thru the manual and can't find this setting. Any idea who I should contact to find this info? I would have thought HWH would have this info.

Steve
Popsf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:03 AM   #38

I got it directly from Spartan, so you can try the chassis manufacturer. The rep on the phone knew exactly what I was asking for.

I don't think HWH wants the liability for being wrong, so you have to provide the number.
Old 08-15-2020, 06:39 PM   #39

Active air Installed :)

Ok initial thoughts, I like that it did not rock going out of they yard which horrible, drove up and down on I-80 the feel it’s more relaxed, more steady its kind of hard to explain, made an “evasive maneuver” not realizing was doing 75 mph Wow! I think all three of us needed a change of underwear Hahaha but it handled well thank goodness, I don’t like the fact that if I’m backing up I have to dump manually because my model, 2017 DS actually has two computers controlling the tag HWH just can deal with, also that the air leveling initially level it “ok” 30 min or so later it makes a correction HWH says it’s correct. It’s what it is, so we see how it goes, we had three engineers and one installer working with our coach all of then supper cool guys, they pretty much had all done in four days leaving Friday for final tweaks and testing. So far I’m glad I had it done

Zzotte
Old 08-15-2020, 07:14 PM   #40

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Ok initial thoughts, I like that it did not rock going out of they yard which horrible, drove up and down on I-80 the feel it’s more relaxed, more steady its kind of hard to explain, made an “evasive maneuver” not realizing was doing 75 mph Wow! I think all three of us needed a change of underwear Hahaha but it handled well thank goodness, I don’t like the fact that if I’m backing up I have to dump manually because my model, 2017 DS actually has two computers controlling the tag HWH just can deal with, also that the air leveling initially level it “ok” 30 min or so later it makes a correction HWH says it’s correct. It’s what it is, so we see how it goes, we had three engineers and one installer working with our coach all of then supper cool guys, they pretty much had all done in four days leaving Friday for final tweaks and testing. So far I’m glad I had it done

Zzotte
I find the initial AA leveling levels the coach quite perfectly within less than a minute. Then from time to time the system will adjust as the airbags settle or lose air. All very normal. I absolutely love the air leveling....who needs jacks!? I wouldn’t be without HWH AA.
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 08:03 AM   #41

I will try again today, but I think my computer has a glitch, I had in hydraulic level mode all night, in the morning I was getting ready to leave the air bag raised the coach but way too much like 5 inches above the tires, the pressure also very high, so I reboot and reboot again it when back to normal no more issues, I will see today how it goes, if it happens again I will contact HWH

Zzotte
Old 05-11-2021, 06:35 AM   #42

I have driven my coach around 20,000 miles with AA. All was good until our trip back home at Thanksgiving 2020. A friend that was following us called and said our coach was leaning big time. I checked the pressure screen and it was showing the left side tag and drive axle bags with 100% of air in them. I pulled off the road, dumped the air, reset, and let it come back up to travel height. Once there started driving down the road again. After about 5-20 miles the coach would start leaning with the bags at 100%. Pull over dump, reset and restart. This went on all the way home. Monday I called HWH and was told it would take 4 weeks to get a return phone call. The next week I was going to the Foretravel Factory for oil change so figured I would hve them look at it. System worked perfect on trip up there and of course could find any problem with system.

Week 5 I get a phone call from HWH, we go over the problem, they have no idea what could be causing the problem. We go over what to be looking for when the system acts up again. They give me a number and tell if it acts up again to call them and give them the number they will get right back to me.

System had been working fairly good until 2 weeks ago when it started doing the same thing and having to do the same thing to be able to get down the road. I have now gone over a week leaving message, with no call back. Last Thursday I call the Texas area sales rep and asked for his assistance in trying to get answers.

On the trip this last weekend the first 50 miles I had the same problem but the rest of 200 mile trip the system seemed to work semi OK where if it did go high it corrected it's self before I started pulling over. I will try again today calling HWH to see if I can get someone to talk to about what might be wrong and how to fix the system.

As of now I wish I had the standard mechanical ride height system that is on most air bags coaches that is a simple system.

Tags
air, hwh