Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2019, 09:14 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Question HWH Air Leveling Sensor Adjustment?

My 2017 Newmar Ventana has Equalizer jacks. I had HWH Active Air installed. I read the manual on how to adjust "level" as it needs some tweaks but I cannot find the sensor to adjust it. I've looked in all bays aft of the battery bay between the rails such as near the Inverter and behind and I cannot find the sensor. I do see the Equalizer leveling sensor.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to find the HWH Active Air sensor in a coach that does not have HWH Jacks?
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2019, 09:18 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I think I just found it via a google search. I do have this motherboard system in the pass through bay. I think this is what I need to be adjusting per the article below:

https://www.rvtechlibrary.com/chassi...ing_sensor.php
Old 09-28-2019, 09:24 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes, that is how my 2013 looked. The bottom board has the adjustment.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 09:43 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Not an ideal location for leveling as it's essentially behind the driver's seat in the pass through bay (imagine centered in left half of coach). You'd think it would be centered in the coach.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:55 PM   #5

I just saw this posted on the Facebook Newmar owners group

https://youtu.be/MQlhZ7cp5yA

Not your make/model, but might help another...seems to be the same module, just located differently.

Can’t take credit, but don’t know the guys username on this forum.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:12 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
HWH Air Leveling Sensor Adjustment?

Completed the adjustment. Super easy. First level manually with bubble level then adjust sensor and do an air level to confirm.

Anyone getting AA installed be sure to have them point you to the sensor in the coach and train you on this procedure.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:35 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Completed the adjustment. Super easy. First level manually with bubble level then adjust sensor and do an air level to confirm.

Anyone getting AA installed be sure to have them point you to the sensor in the coach and train you on this procedure.
Thanks for the tip Neal as I’m having the system installed in two weeks. Any other things to ask at install would be appreciated.
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 07:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post

Thanks Neal great suggestion

Zzotte
Old 09-29-2019, 07:58 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I went to move my sensor to between the frame rails, well, learned why they put it where it is, it's too thick so it conflicts with the slideout tray and my solar setup is where it would have done so solar stuff is in the way. Oh well.

Tags
air, hwh, leveling