Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2017, 02:49 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
HWH Issue

My HWH system is a 325, I think, have manual level only. Last trip I hit the level button, pushed the up arrow to deploy the driver side jacks (all jacks are relatively new) and jacks deployed as normal. Pushed the up arrow on the passenger side and all lights on the panel went off. Pushed the level button and lights returned, but same thing happened again. When leaving, I tested after storing and thought all was working correctly again.

Went on a trip yesterday and when setting up, had the same thing happen. This time I pushed the store button to start over. Putting the driver side jacks down, the motor (pump?) started normally, then just got slower and slower, sounded like a toy when the battery was running out. I am connected to 50A, battery reading was 13.4v. All 12v items working normal. Luckly I have a very level site, so just left things as they are until I leave on Friday. Called HWH Tech Spt, but was told probably 3 day before I will get a call back.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2017, 04:19 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
A bad ground connection on mine caused very similar issues. It was fixed by installing a new ground wire and connection to the chassis.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:23 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Chuck at Stuart's Service is a valuable detail source for how to repair. He has walked me through trouble shooting steps on the HWH system in the past and I have always be able to do the fix. I am sure he can help with the jacks. He can provide replacement parts as necessary.

FYI (1-574-262-0225)

Safe Travels and THE JOY IS IN THE RIDE
RV735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:34 PM   #4

X2 on Chuck - he owns a great company. I bought my springs, my pump and my shuttle valve from him. He threw in a used steel hose to replace my old one. System works great now.

For help "from the source" search for "azpete" here - he works for HWH and helps people here (and other sites I'm sure) - Paul is his name and he helped me through my system problem. You'll find his email address and his phone number here if you search and he doesn't mind anyone calling him - saves you weeks of waiting for the guys in Tech Sup to return call.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
A bad ground connection on mine caused very similar issues. It was fixed by installing a new ground wire and connection to the chassis.
My 2005 KSDP also did this and adding a new ground wire fixed it also.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:52 AM   #6

Spartan Chassis
My 625 HWH system also was intermittent. Chased main positive feed and grounds with no luck. Jumped pump slave solenoid and pump ran good and it would work manually or automatically for a while. When it was not working it would also just shut down at the touch pad. Lights went off on touch pad when trying either automatic or manual operation.

Looked up the HWH troubleshooting chart for my system and it was no assistance. Tried to manually release of each of my four wheel leveling solenoids and only one cylinder went up?

That was the clue that lead me to the shuttle valve being the problem. There is some weird interaction between the hydraulics and the electric control system that was causing it to electrically shut down on manual or automatic operation. Might want to see if manual cylinder release works fully on yours. If not it might also be your shuttle valve.

Good Luck!
shaman52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:55 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for all the help. Heading home tomorrow and will start checking out these items.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:07 PM   #8

Will never own another rig with HWH anything. I can not believe they can get by with "I'll call you in three days" as acceptable service.
dadej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:29 PM   #9
Commercial Member

dade. just curious. why not call me? i work for hwh. answer the same questions. no waiting. my phone is on weekends and nights.i really can help.
im just offering, thats all. hwh doesnt pay me to do this. 602-549-3638
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:34 PM   #10
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
dade. just curious. why not call me? i work for hwh. answer the same questions. no waiting. my phone is on weekends and nights.i really can help.
I will personally vouch for azpete's willingness to help others on this forum as he helped me with an issue when I was having a front Jack acting up. A good all around person deal with folks.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 02:37 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Talked to HWH yesterday. Suggested checking all battery terminal connections, battery ground and bolts that attach the pump to the frame. Before I got the call I had taken the panel up and pushed on all the connectors. After reinstalling the panel tried to level again and all worked normally. All jacks extended and panel did not lose power. If this issue returns will check all the grounds. I am headed for FMCA in AZ in a few days.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:52 PM   #12

I cast my vote on calling Paul. One of the truly great guys on this forum that knows his stuff.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:23 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Well, still having the same problem. I am in Tucson now and will be in Phoenix tomorrow, so will get in contact with Paul and see what he thinks.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:39 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
Paul,

Just to let you know. The problem you walked me through and helped with the repair has never reoccurred. I guess I will get another 20 some years of trouble free service from the HWH system they installed at Winnebago all those years ago. Thanks for your help.

Dennis
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh