RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
HWH Jack Problem - Series 625S

Started having a problem a few days ago as follows. After arriving in camp, push the auto-level button & air bags dump, then jacks begin to come down, but VERY slowly & entire unit sounds like it is laboring. Jacks hit ground but do not level coach. Burning electric smell coming from gen. slide area (where HWH system is located).

Stopped at an RV repair shop in Mass, & they looked at it & said all the connections were loose on the battery terminals. This caused an amp rise at the left (of the 2) solenoids for the HWH system & that that solenoid overheating was where the burning smell is coming from. Tech said battery were low & that driving would recharge them & jacks should work fine.

Got into camp tonight & did the set up bit - jacks came down & motors sounded normal, but after rear jacks hit ground the motors just kept running with no leveling (movement) to the coach and the front jacks never did deploy. I had to lower them manually (push each button). No electric smell thankfully.

Any ideas why jacks wont do their job? Did I burn out the pump perhaps? When we leave here we head to our summer site & there is no RV tech within 3 hours from us.

Any suggestions seriously considered!

Mark

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #2

You do have a full hyd fluid tank don't you?

Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #3

Here's the manual. I hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ml41240.pdf (1.47 MB, 102 views)
Old 05-18-2011, 06:24 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry - yes - 1st thing I checked. At least I think I checked it properly. Pulled out the little dip-stick/cap & filled to center 'bulge' on stick. Fluid level is about 3/4 inch from top of tank.

Mark

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #5

Sometimes if mine is real close level before I start one or two jacks stay up and I have to manually drop them. If you can manually drop the jacks it's not your pump.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Your level is good. If the tech open valves and didn't reclose them may explain why a couple may not be operating.
They say do not oil or spray jack pistons put that aside and spray silicone or 4D or wipe HWH OIL on pistons and try working them up and down MANUALLY a few times and see if they work better. Do wipe what ever you put on before working the jacks.
I find with silicone the pistons will become slick and jacks move better.
I do this every spring and if they get dirty from rain splash dirty water before operation. In eight years with this coach never have had a jack not operating.
One other thing to check is your level in the center area of your coach may have been hit by rock and is out of kilter and needs adjustment.
Max has a good thread explaining how you go about it.
There is more info in Quick Tips Link and in the Com.Net link for Newmar coach's.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote