Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Mteerjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' View Post
I suggest calling HWH for tech assistance. I had a problem in 2009 with a jack not extending. Tech rep gave me advice for resolving...did not work. Called back and the tech stayed on the phone with me as I was under the coach for about 1/2 hour as we checked things out...problem resolved. Give them a try.
Thanks, I will certainly do that.
Mteerjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mteerjim View Post
I assumed that we would get a lot of sway number one and number two we might stress the housing. Not true??? This is only my third time out as the new owner and I am learning the hard way.

In my case, (Workhorse gas chassis) the Newmar manual does not indicate a problem with putting the slides out, w/o the jacks deployed. I normally put them down for stability, but if we are level, and need the slides out, sometimes I do so w/o putting the jacks down. I suspect your frame is much heavier (stronger) than mine, so I would not worry about stressing the houseing, that will only happen if the frame itself is tweaked, which is very unlikely to be caused by people moving about.
pkmesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
One (well 4 actually) of the things I carry in my rig are stair steps.

Take a plank, 12 feet long and the same width as your tire treads, cut 4 sections, each one foot long off the end, not cut the remaining length (8 feet) into 4 equal (2 foot) sections.

Lay the long planks out on a newspaper covered picnic table and then taking a bottle of wood glue cover one side of each (one at a time) of the short planks, lay them about 1-2 inches from the end of (one each) of the long planks so they form "Stair Steps" each step 1.5 inches high.

Run lag bolts (at least 2 per set) thrhough to hold them together as well as the glue, you can recess the heads a bit if you worry about that kind of thing (I do not worry about the heads but I did run 'em down so thy are not up much) Let dry

The result is a set of stir steps for the rig.. I have levels on the dash and wall next to the driver's seat (under the window)

If the bubbles show I'm low in the rear.. I put one plank (Low side nearest tire) either in front or behind each of my rear tires. If in the front I use one plank in front or behind each Front tire, if right or left I use 3 planks, one front and two rear.

Then I back/pull onto the first step, stand on the brakes and read the bubbles. If needed I pull onto the 2nd step.. I'm on 2nd step now. Then drop jacks

I should point out, when I hit the button for the jacks. of the 5 lights (right/left/front/rear/level) it was the LEVEL light that came on. Drop jacks and you are good.

NOTE: If I rebuild these (And I really should, wider boards) I may go 3 steps, that will take an additnaol 12 feet (4-3' sections) of lumber

I'm also thinking of a 2x2 at the end of the "High end" as a "Parking stop" but have not done it yet.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't carry part of a lumberyard.......a bag of Lynx Levelers serves well when I run into the occasional uneven site.
DandS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh