Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2017, 05:49 PM   #1

HWH jacks will not come up

I have a 2015 Ventana 4369. I have the coach in my driveway. I was de-winterizing and changing the oil in my generator for an upcoming trip. I leveled the coach and then manually raised the front a few more inches to work on the generator. It was in that position overnight. Today I washed the coach and wanted to bring it down to drive out.

I have the HWH auto leveling jacks and I followed the normal operation I do all the time. I turn the key to accessory, I hit the auto store button. The light blinks but NOTHING happens with the jacks. No motor noise, nothing. I try to use the manual button to bring them up and nothing. It is 7:34pm EST and none of my normal service centers nor Newmar are open .

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to check. I was going to take it to NRIVC where I purchased it tomorrow for storage but I can't get it off the jacks. Is there a fuse that controls the auto leveling system I can check?
4everide is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2017, 05:52 PM   #2

HWH jacks will not come up

There was a reset on our levels when they stopped. Look in your manual or go on line. It was hitting buttons in an order. There is probably a fuse reset switch near your stairs. Just ideas
Vburrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:54 PM   #3

By the way these are separate sets not the same. One resets the levelers and one resets the fuse.
Vburrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:55 PM   #4

Call Newman's number and talk to the after hours emergency guy.
judgebobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:00 PM   #5

crank your engine, with your foot on the brake release park break and put in drive. it should automatically retract .... that is what i did and seem to reset the system. if that doesn't work then definatly call newmar. good luck
bonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:02 PM   #6

I will go outside and try this. I will let you know.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:16 PM   #7

Bonesaw...I followed your instructions. I thought the jacks would come up once I put the coach in gear. It did not. HOWEVER..it must have reset the system because I tried to raise the jacks with the button and volia...the jacks came up.

Thanks so much. I will be able to sleep tonight. Not because the jacks are up....but because the DW is a happy camper.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:20 PM   #8

great news, the system should have retracted the jacks when you went in drive. tomorrow i would still call newmar just to check. a lot of times these computer have to do a control alt delete. flying apache helicopters my whole career I have become accustom to doing the control alt delete prior to take off of course.
bonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:16 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesaw View Post
great news, the system should have retracted the jacks when you went in drive. tomorrow i would still call newmar just to check. a lot of times these computer have to do a control alt delete. flying apache helicopters my whole career I have become accustom to doing the control alt delete prior to take off of course.
I didn't know the Apache used a Microsoft operating system.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:52 AM   #10

My manual says to start the coach for "jack retraction"?

Thanks

Tags
hwh, jacks