Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2017, 02:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by resullivan View Post
azpete, I removed the plug and pulled/pushed the wires as you described the best I could, made sure air tanks were full, hit auto store with the same results, did not air up, releasing the parking brake and it airs up immediately to ride height.
Thanks
Any way you can look at the red lights on the I/O module? I would be interested if the red travel light is on when you hit the auto store button and if the link light is on with the ignition switch in accessory position.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2017, 05:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewlee View Post
Any way you can look at the red lights on the I/O module? I would be interested if the red travel light is on when you hit the auto store button and if the link light is on with the ignition switch in accessory position.
This is a schematic of the HWH I/O module and note the lights on top. If we know which lights are on during different steps it will help. With the engine running, jacks down, and tank fully aired which light is on. When you push auto store, which lights come on.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH I O Module.pdf (141.7 KB, 42 views)
Old 03-30-2017, 05:30 AM   #17

I am getting nowhere on this issue, I get a call once a day from Newmar CS asking has anybody contacted me back on the problem, saying they will check on it? HWH was supposed to call back Tuesday after researching problem? As I plan to return home this week end, I plan to do the checks as ewlee described in my RV garage, a more friendly environment than the CG for testing. Will post results.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:13 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by resullivan View Post
I am getting nowhere on this issue, I get a call once a day from Newmar CS asking has anybody contacted me back on the problem, saying they will check on it? HWH was supposed to call back Tuesday after researching problem? As I plan to return home this week end, I plan to do the checks as ewlee described in my RV garage, a more friendly environment than the CG for testing. Will post results.
I will be off line this weekend, but if you post your findings, will look at them on Monday. Maybe we can figure this out soon. BTW, the only parts that are not HWH is the wiring (Newmar) or the chassis pilot valves.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:20 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Slight correction to the last post: Newmar only routes the wiring. The HWH IO module 3 pin connector is connected to the Freightliner or Spartan chassis harness. (you did not say which chassis you have). The ride leveling system can be effected by the air leveling system (Hadley or Valid) and by the chassis system thru the electronic level sensors, so without having some diagnostics done, theoretical fingerprinting is possible. Listening for air leak from the dump valve or the air leveling manifold after the engine start and checking the HWH IO module Dump and Travel lights are the first steps of the diagnostics and isolation to the right system.
All parties involved in the ride leveling system warn in their manuals to verify that the vehicle is at ride height before driving. The HWH green light only tells you that the jacks are retracted, the chassis pressure gages indicate that air is available for the primary and secondary air circuits. As far as I know, only the HWH Active Air system allows you to display the actual airbag pressures and allows you to verify the suspension status without visual inspection outside.

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:57 PM   #20
Commercial Member

ewlee, yes, i go to red bay once or so a year.. i may have met you there.
rsullivan, i dont know the sequence of operation that newmar and hwh agreed on, but
if it airs up on the release of the park brake, and operates as designed after that, at least you can use it.
im also in contact with our newmar rep to see what the solution is.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:32 PM   #21

Follow up: After my requesting some definitive action on this issue via an early morning email, I received a call from my Newmar CS representative just before noon. He stated that he had heard back from Joe at HWH, and that after reviewing the testing we did on Tuesday that the HWH system was functioning properly, the CS rep also said he would call Dave at FL service center in Gaffney, I told him that I had been there for service less than two weeks ago, and Dave, whom I have known for over 10 years, told me he did not know much about the Valid air system even though they repaired 4 leaks in air lines on it, so I saw no need to talk to him again. the CS rep then got us on a conference call with Mark of FL, I explained the issue to Mark, he researched the HWH and Valid systems and their interface and said that even though the HWH system went through the auto store successfully that the Valid system had to be in travel mode also for the air bags to inflate to ride height at this point. Mark had me, while on the HWH hydraulic jacks hit the auto store, the system went through the process, retracted jacks, turned on travel light as before, but did not air up to ride height, he then had me turn on the Valid system and hit the travel button, light started blinking and shortly went steady green, the coach had now aired up to ride height with travel lights on both key pads green. Mark said that is the way the system is designed. At no time during any instruction nor can I find in any printed manuals this procedure. While I have used HWH systems for years this is the first time I have had it in conjunction with the Valid. So it appears the issue all along was operator error, mine. Although I do find it some what perplexing that during this whole debacle, no one brought up this procedure, but all is well that ends well, and I do appreciate all the assistance from those of you on the forum.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:44 PM   #22

Thank you very much for the feed back. I am saving that info in a safe place cause I am picking up my LADP in less than 2 weeks. I am sure sometime down the road this will be a gotcha. Very interesting about the interface between the two systems.

Tags
hwh, leveling