RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2011, 01:03 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the encouragement 007

Here is latest....I contacted Carl Snyder ar Newmar. He wants me to let Independant RV in Winter Garden, Fl check out the problem. I have an appointment next week.Will update.

suwanneefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2011, 01:17 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Doc C
Thanks for info on your repair dealer. Unfortunately too far away for me.
In regard to future trouble with your PT. If it starts to use fluid pay very close attention.
It can use a lot of fluid very quickly. I would recommend that you check for these bad connections if fluid use starts.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:23 AM   #17
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Independence is a good dealership on #50 central FL.
One of the dealers we have on our Newmar dealer sticky list above.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #18

suwanneefl \

Still not sure of the location of the connectors that your are talking about. Can you give me the location of the Newmar connected heater hose to the PEX piping.
Doc C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:43 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Doc C

I was told the location of these bad connection are generally located in a slideout having a heater blower outlet. Because of the in and out movement of the slideout Newmar needed more flex in the hose than the PEX hose would allow (my layman's opinion). Therefore the location will change with the floorplan of the motorhome. My model is #4086 and has kitchen sink in one of the LR slideout. I found the leak under the sink area (not the plumping) near a blower outlet. Also, some of these connections are very difficult to see as in my case. I have a blower outlet under the tv entertainment cabinet that I can not see because of being enclosed in the bottom of the cabinet. You should look near (behind) the heat blower outlets that are located in a slideout. Lastly, if there is a leak, you will see a pale brown stain under the connection. You will not find a wet area. Remember the leak will be small because the leak is not the big problem. The leak allows AIR into the system which is the problem.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #20
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Where some of these heat fans are located may require a major project if you have to remove fire place or TV's just to get access to the heater coil fans.
Guess they figured there would never be a leak.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club

These hard get to locations of heat blower outlets in my coach have me very worried. I have sold and repaired furniture cabinets similar to the the ones enclosing the heater blower outlets and I believe two of the cabinet bottom shelves will have to be removed to allow access for checking and repairing these blowers units. These bottom shelves were installed with many staples commonly used in this type of cabinet construction. To remove the shelve would normally cause major damage to shelf and possibly cabinet. This is one of the big reasons I was hoping for some assistance from Newmar...will update after hearing from repair people and Newmar.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #22
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Do not know if you have ever removed a cabinet floor but if you start in back corner with a hook devise and lift slowly you maybe able to remove with minimum damage.
You can spot glue in case it has to be removed again or not use so many staples.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:21 AM   #23

Suwanneefl

Thanks for the update. I have the 4010 model. Kitchen slide on right with a heat vent on that slide. I have a good ideal of were to look, but agree it would be a difficult repair.

As mention earlier, had a leak in the heater blower located under the refrig. Was loosing about 16 oz of antifreeze over a coarse of a weekend and started to go a search mission. Found it my removing the courtess light which is also located under the refrig and wicking the floor paper towel back through that hole. I thought for sure that the RV dealer would have to remove the refrig to repair. They were able to remove the cold air return vent which is also in the same location, and some how, the tech with fiberopic scope and long strechable arms was able to repair. When they place back in the cold air return vent, they used VELCRO. So now I can just pull the vent out to check for any future leaks.

Doc C
Doc C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Doc C
Thanks for info..It is reasuring to hear about acessing these tight areas.
suwanneefl
Old 05-22-2011, 11:32 AM   #25

I also have a 2009 Dutch Star with a Precision Temp system and experienced the same problem. I am writing to Newmar to try to get the problem corrected!

Ed Kiehl is offline   Reply With Quote