Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2018, 01:51 PM   #1

I just installed Sani-con turbo to my DS

Hello everyone,
Well, after years of thinking about installing a Sani-con to my RV I finally did it. Why did it take me so long, honestly, I thought between the time it took to drain the tanks with the Sani-con and my comfortableness with the 3" slinky I simply did not think it was worth it. I was so wrong!

So after a couple weeks of being on the road all I can say is wow, I wish I had done this earlier!

I choose to install the turbo model and let me tell you, there is little difference in the time it take to drain the tanks compared to the 3" slinky. That is without considering the setup and breakdown of the slinky and pitch system. I literally grab the nozzle from my bay, unscrew the large cap (not the small 1" cap for a garden hose attachment) open the drain valve for the black tank and flip the toggle switch, in a minute or so I close the black tank and repeat for the gray tank. Once the gray is empty flip the toggle switch, close the valve, screw the cap on and put it away. Clean and easy, I did say clean correct?

Well, needless to say I am very pleased with the speed and minimum amount of work and time it now takes. The best thing is the lack of setting it up and putting the slinky away.

I spent around 1-1/2 hrs with the install.

Safe travels everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3804.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	204330   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3805.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	257.9 KB
ID:	204331  

Name:	IMG_3808.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	204332   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3810.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	204333  

Name:	IMG_3806.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	204334   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3809.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	204335  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2018, 03:34 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Looks good! Is that the bracket that came with it? When your done pumping it looks like the clear elbow is still 1/2 full?
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 03:37 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Lenny, one thing you can now do that you didn't mention.
Between emptying the black tank and emptying the grey tank, turn off the Sanicon and open both valves. Due to the 'blockage' of the Sanicon the grey water will flow into the black tank until the water level equalizes in the two tanks. Close the grey tank and empty the black again. That gives you a bit of a rinse with the grey water.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:55 PM   #4

You will notice the suction hose turns right not left like Newmar and the discharge line is low. Looks good.

Where is the suction line bottom compared to the pump discharge?
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
Looks good! Is that the bracket that came with it? When your done pumping it looks like the clear elbow is still 1/2 full?
The plastic containers are mine as no bucket were furnished with my unit. There is still some gray water in the elbow. I will hopefully be able to adjust the drain valves now that I am back.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
Lenny, one thing you can now do that you didn't mention.
Between emptying the black tank and emptying the grey tank, turn off the Sanicon and open both valves. Due to the 'blockage' of the Sanicon the grey water will flow into the black tank until the water level equalizes in the two tanks. Close the grey tank and empty the black again. That gives you a bit of a rinse with the grey water.
That's a good idea and may save time from rinsing the black tank. Since the gray is a larger tank have you heard of the gray overfilling the black tank?
Old 05-26-2018, 06:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
You will notice the suction hose turns right not left like Newmar and the discharge line is low. Looks good.

Where is the suction line bottom compared to the pump discharge?
The clear elbow is attached to the Newmar outlet which in my opinion is too low. The pump is slightly above outlet therefore allowing some gray water to remain in the line. Since this was my trial run, I will try and adjust the pitch of the Newmar outlet and hopefully have it above the pump inlet.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Sorry Stuart as I misread "bucket" for "bracket". Yes, that is the supplied bracket.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:02 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
What I have got in the habit of doing, I pump black then gray close both valves, add chemicals to a toilet, flush several times, then go back to black valve, open it for a second or two and pump just enough to leave chemicals in the hose and pump
Old 05-26-2018, 07:10 PM   #10

Quote:
What I have got in the habit of doing, I pump black then gray close both valves, add chemicals to a toilet, flush several times, then go back to black valve, open it for a second or two and pump just enough to leave chemicals in the hose and pump
I like that that.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:16 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny-shawna View Post
That's a good idea and may save time from rinsing the black tank. Since the gray is a larger tank have you heard of the gray overfilling the black tank?
Assuming that the two tanks are sitting on the same piece of framing, neither tank can over fill the other. That could only happen if one of the tanks was above the other.
The water will BALANCE between the two tanks until the top of the water is the same height in both tanks - regardless of the comparative size of the tanks.
The old saying 'water will find it's own level' comes to mind.
It works on the same principal as a small sight glass on a larger tank.
The liquid flow into the sight glass at the same level it is in the tank.

Visual Maintenance: Hydraulic tank sight glass mark up
Old 05-27-2018, 07:29 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

For clarification I dump black shut valve, dump gray shut valve then add chemicals to toilet, several flushes of the toilet, open black valve momentarily turn pump on shut valve and turn off pump, just enough to turn the remaining fluid in the hose and pump blue. I never open both valves at the same time
Old 05-27-2018, 07:33 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
Assuming that the two tanks are sitting on the same piece of framing, neither tank can over fill the other. That could only happen if one of the tanks was above the other.
The water will BALANCE between the two tanks until the top of the water is the same height in both tanks - regardless of the comparative size of the tanks.
The old saying 'water will find it's own level' comes to mind.
It works on the same principal as a small sight glass on a larger tank.
The liquid flow into the sight glass at the same level it is in the tank.

Visual Maintenance: Hydraulic tank sight glass mark up
Podivin,
I knew that was the case but clearly I was a little concerned of the consequences if I was missing something.

Thanks for confirming though as I will do that next week.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:13 AM   #14

If you flush black tank then open gray to equalize water level wont there be a possibility that the black tank will contaminate the gray tank?

I guess if you are watching the flow of gray into black you could shut gray valve when the gray water stops going into black tank.

Just thought I would ask. Might not be any problem at all.

Dave C

Tags
install, led, turbo