Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2019, 09:20 AM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
I need a new windshield for old 99, who do I call? A car glass place ?

I need a new windshield for old 99, who do I call? A car glass place ?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2019, 11:57 AM   #2
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Whoever you call, be sitting down when you hear the price!

I would start with a call to the closest Newmar service shop or good RV repair shop. Regular auto glass shops may not have the expertise to handle a large job like that. I'd want someone with experience in replacing RV windshields to do the work.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:08 PM   #3

You could contact AmyL@RVGLASS.com
She helped me with my insurance claim to get both of mine replaced. They are part of Duncan systems and coordinate installs across the US. Take a pic of the stamp on the corner of the windshield, near the center gasket.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:09 PM   #4

I agree, make sure you are sitting down when you hear the cost especially if you are in Can. I don't remember the name of the place I got mine from but it was in Oregon and by the time I got it up here in Alberta it was around $3,000. for one side without install. Also make sure you know what tint you have at the top when you order. I didn't and wasn't near the rv to go check. I had a 50/50 chance and picked the wrong one.
I had a shop that does big rig windshields install mine and had no complaints.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:46 PM   #5

Duncan Services was who Progressive pushed us to. They handled everything including finding an installer for us. I think the total bill (to Progressive) was about $1800 for the install alone.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:54 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ditto on the Duncan recommendation. Also, be sure to check with your insurance to see if you're covered.

Click here to go to Duncan Systems, Inc.

Tags
ace, wind, windshield