Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2015, 02:45 AM   #379

Whiners blog because folks have taken a lot of time to explain why you will not get that pie in the sky perfection at the price points we are looking at. We have also hashed through the problem posting list and Newmar seems to be short on problems. That leaves me and probably a lot of other folks wondering why some folks are beating on the horsed grave.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2015, 03:15 AM   #380

Fleetwood Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Slides can be a nightmare....this is why i am soooo intense on making sue they r properly adjusted....i am currently with forrestriver with my 3rd.....hoping not to have the same issues as your poor folks...although was stuck in maryland myself with a slide that would not come in...transmission was a mess but got home.....SLIDES r a nightmare and alll should have an emergency retract for all slides......Anthiem does have as some others too..sounds like yours were electric ....hydrolic usually better..please let us know how u get this all rectified!!!!
Old 11-10-2015, 09:39 AM   #381

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Whiners blog because folks have taken a lot of time to explain why you will not get that pie in the sky perfection at the price points we are looking at. We have also hashed through the problem posting list and Newmar seems to be short on problems. That leaves me and probably a lot of other folks wondering why some folks are beating on the horsed grave.

Totally agree............Some people must not have much going on in life. If it breaks just fix it and move on and enjoy life...
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:59 AM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by jponyboyace View Post
Slides can be a nightmare....this is why i am soooo intense on making sue they r properly adjusted....i am currently with forrestriver with my 3rd.....hoping not to have the same issues as your poor folks...although was stuck in maryland myself with a slide that would not come in...transmission was a mess but got home.....SLIDES r a nightmare and alll should have an emergency retract for all slides......Anthiem does have as some others too..sounds like yours were electric ....hydrolic usually better..please let us know how u get this all rectified!!!!
The difference is that Newmar has a reputation for the best slide mechanism in the business. The eyecatcher of this thread was that the OP had a slide problem at all. If I was to blame them for something it would be popularizing slides because theirs were so good. The rest of the industry could wish they did as well.
Old 11-17-2015, 04:41 PM   #383

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
Interesting newer post on overweight front axel on 2015 Dutch Star. "Grin and bear it" dosen't look like a good option for this owner.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:10 PM   #384

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillboy View Post
Interesting newer post on overweight front axel on 2015 Dutch Star. "Grin and bear it" dosen't look like a good option for this owner.
Those discussions are on the 2016 Dutch Stars.
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 03:38 AM   #385

The overweight axle will be interesting to follow. That is not the only place Newmar has weight issues. If you pull much of a towed with some Baystar models it seems easy to exceed the GCWR because they are set at 26,000 to meet a driver license cut over point in most states. Interesting when one considers their chassis is heavier than most so probably safer but it can get one in trouble with the insurance company and cops. It has me looking at the Baystar Sports or possibly a different brand.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:50 PM   #386

An update on our non-FWS problem: We drove to the west coast and the slide worked well for about 12 in/out cycles and then started to thunk/thunk again. We now again get wear shavings on the floor from the slide rail on every slide in/out cycle and the slide goes bang/bang again. The bang/bang is the rack/gear misalignment destroying itself. Note that the already mangled rack was not replaced by Pro Custom in the fall based on Newmar's orders so it's just additional destruction.

Note to those who think we are dolts and don't follow direction: We have opened and closed the slides to Newmar recs since new.

I totally worry about the cost of fixing this slide when it goes out of warranty. Three 'fixes' have not fixed it. Any advice is appreciated.

Yoho, moho, the traveler's life for me!
sinjineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:55 PM   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
Totally agree............Some people must not have much going on in life. If it breaks just fix it and move on and enjoy life...
How do I fix it if two Newmar vendors have tried to fix it three times and failed?

Yoho, moho, the traveler's life for me!
sinjineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:29 AM   #388

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
The difference is that Newmar has a reputation for the best slide mechanism in the business. The eyecatcher of this thread was that the OP had a slide problem at all. If I was to blame them for something it would be popularizing slides because theirs were so good. The rest of the industry could wish they did as well.
I agree. And what you say USED to be true, but apparently Newmar began using "new and improved" mechanisms on various sized slide outs on some models, but it seems they were only "new" and have caused owners a lot of grief. Newmar is not the only builder to use these new mechanism, and it seems all who did are having problems.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:33 AM   #389
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
I agree. And what you say USED to be true, but apparently Newmar began using "new and improved" mechanisms on various sized slide outs on some models, but it seems they were only "new" and have caused owners a lot of grief. Newmar is not the only builder to use these new mechanism, and it seems all who did are having problems.
Is the "new and improved" mechanism you are referring to the HWH hydraulic slides used in the 2016 DS and up?

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:44 AM   #390

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarpusher View Post
Is the "new and improved" mechanism you are referring to the HWH hydraulic slides used in the 2016 DS and up?
I believe the mechanisms most owners are having repeat failures is Schwinteck (sp) which I think is now part of Lippert.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:28 PM   #391

Fleetwood Owners Club
I can't imagine Newmar using Lippert slide mechanism's?? I know from reading these post it's a new system that "Matt" bet the farm on but thought Newmar used HWH exclusively?
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:46 PM   #392

Fleetwood Owners Club
FWIW 2016 DSDP FWS uses HWH hydraulic system. The two other slides are electric.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar