Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
Idea for peeling clearcoat

Ok, my clearcoat is peeling on the top of the front and rear caps as well as the radius' down each side, just like many others are. So, here is my idea. Instead of having everything repainted why not have it Line-xed? You can have Line-X mixed to your color code, this would stop the peeling issue and also give a textured surface when getting on and off of a ladder. I don't have a back ladder, so I have to get on the top from the side and it is very slippery.

So why wouldn't this work? I am going to go talk to the Line-X dealer this weekend and see what they say. I think it will work. The side gutters/molding down the sides will give a great transition and you could come down to the top of the front window and use the die molding as the transition line for the front and back as well.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #2

I met a guy that managed a campground in CA that had his roof radius bed lined. It looked good, you won't be scratching it on trees ever again.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
KIX

Had a friend that did the front of his coach with Line-X after bugs and gravel pitted it. He had the color mixed the match the valence color. When the sun hit it it reflected the light and made it look like a lighter color probably due to all the facets in the Line-X. He siad that if he ever did it again he would choose a shade a little darker than the color he was trying to match so that it would look the same in sunlight. Other than that problem it looked very nice.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote