RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2019, 07:14 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lgdterrier View Post
Thanks all now if I just knew what IFS and CD was other than music.

IFS:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_suspension

CD: iRV2 Forums - Files - Tour of the Newmar Comfort Drive system, Rev. A

Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2019, 09:33 AM   #86

Damon Owners Club

2003 Travel Supreme DS04 full body paint, 3 slides, Spartan IFS 252" W.B. chassis, Cummins ISC 350HP Allision 6 spd 35K miles, traven with my sweetie...and man's best friend, our stubby-tailed (no tail at all) Australian cattle & Boxer mix rescue dog!
oldeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:43 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
Yeah it is. It was quite a nice “compromise”. Its all scheduled for late spring 2020 which is coming up soon, and in the mean time Im like a kid waiting for Christmas. It also makes my Bay Star quite a bit more tolerable. I have three short trips scheduled in it which is really what it was intended for. I like the long hauls and Im not up to that riding an F53, but the Bay Star is a pleasant, even charming, little coach and completely sold me on Newmar.
I got a kick out of this as we are also like kids on Christmas Day. We went through a similar process of looking for a used DS. After visiting the factory for a tour and asking some questions we realized we were looking for features that were unavailable on our preferred Model. We even weighed a used 37’ but it missed a couple key features. We are going from BS...3124 but to a DS 4054 spartan chassis with a tag. Ours goes into production after Christmas and we are doing Factory pickup March 16. Are you doing Factory Pickup? We learned a lot from the Facebook group as well. There’s a newmar one and a Dutchstar one so I’m sure there’s a Newair one too. Wouldn’t it be cool if we were picking up at the same time?
Mle75749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:57 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Most accurate and spot on description of CD I have seen on iRV2 yet. If someone feels they can drive farther because of CD, great for them. Great marketing tool.
Who was that guy that used to be on here and publish all those little articles/studies? He did one on CD and "somehow" disproved that it really helped in windy conditions or something like that.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:14 AM   #89

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJOE View Post
Who was that guy that used to be on here and publish all those little articles/studies? He did one on CD and "somehow" disproved that it really helped in windy conditions or something like that.
Did he work for Tiffin?

Like it or not the CD works. Just be going along on a calm day at about 65 and have one of those Pig haulers with that big Peterbilt or Kenworth blow by you at 80. Then tell me it didn't do anything. In the pigs eye.
2018 DS DP 4369 #607121 Cummins ISL9 450 HP
"We are from, where ever we were yesterday"
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:24 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Chianese View Post
Did he work for Tiffin?

Like it or not the CD works. Just be going along on a calm day at about 65 and have one of those Pig haulers with that big Peterbilt or Kenworth blow by you at 80. Then tell me it didn't do anything. In the pigs eye.
Never thought of that, maybe he did?

Just can't think of his screen name. He claimed he drove a few different coaches with CD over a year period and disputed it "really" worked. Got everyone's panties in a wad.

The only thing I understand about CD is that tomorrow when I have to hook up and leave this CG at 4am and drive 605 miles that when I get to SW Florida at the end of the day I won't feel like someone just beat the crap out of me. It works for me and I certainly do not want a coach without it.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:50 AM   #91

Freightliner Owners Club
Have a safe trip, hope you have a tail wind
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:57 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Have a safe trip, hope you have a tail wind
Actually had a little 10-15mph wind out of the WNW so it wasn't bad. Didn't help my mpg though. With a lot of commercial traffic mixed in with some snowbird traffic my routine is to run right at 70 so that trucks are not constantly passing me and I am not constantly passing them.

But I can say that driving from 4am to 4:00pm (actually 11 hrs with time change) I felt really good.