RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2007, 06:02 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
I'm going to the factory today or tomorrow. Will be leaving coach for 10 days or so.

Based on the information from this forum, I want to get the following for the coach.
1. Hard wired EMS for coach including Generator wired in. (because you can't trust campground owners. )
2. Pressure Pro tire monitoring system - Including egg carton for storage.
3. Blue Ox LX tow bar
4. Blue Ox Apollo for braking w/wireless indicator light
5. Sani-Con system - Still need help w/which one. Do I just get the most expensive one? I would like it to be able to put gray water in the black tank.

I was planning on buying the items at RVUpgrades.com.

Wondering if there is a quick way to get the EMS, Tow Bar, Braking system and SaniCon installed while it's sitting at the factory.

I plan to drive my Avalanche out to pick it up and have them install the plate and brake system then.

Any advice on who to contact, can the factory do this? Is there a shop that can pick up the rig at the factory and then return it?

Also, if I've missed anything or you think I'm making a mistake on products, let me know.

I've been given strict instructions not to come home w/a 45er so please don't make this any harder.

JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2007, 06:02 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I'm going to the factory today or tomorrow. Will be leaving coach for 10 days or so.

Based on the information from this forum, I want to get the following for the coach.
1. Hard wired EMS for coach including Generator wired in. (because you can't trust campground owners. )
3. Blue Ox LX tow bar
5. Sani-Con system - Still need help w/which one. Do I just get the most expensive one? I would like it to be able to put gray water in the black tank.

I was planning on buying the items at RVUpgrades.com.

Wondering if there is a quick way to get the EMS, Tow Bar, Braking system and SaniCon installed while it's sitting at the factory.

I plan to drive my Avalanche out to pick it up and have them install the plate and brake system then.

Any advice on who to contact, can the factory do this? Is there a shop that can pick up the rig at the factory and then return it?

Also, if I've missed anything or you think I'm making a mistake on products, let me know.

I've been given strict instructions not to come home w/a 45er so please don't make this any harder.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:02 AM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1. Hard wired EMS for coach including Generator wired in. (because you can't trust campground owners. )
3. Blue Ox LX tow bar
5. Sani-Con system - Still need help w/which one. Do I just get the most expensive one? I would like it to be able to put gray water in the black tank. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Scott,the EMS and Sanicon they maydo here at Newmar,but I can't actually see them doing any of the other stuff...
The rule I've heard is that if it isn't factory installed here,they won't touch it...

I'm not sure about other vendors/dealers in the immediate area,but maybe Gary or someone else will chime in...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:10 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Can you get a good, local RV shop to do the baseplate install on your TOAD? Also, if you plan to keep your TOAD for some time, I would get a braking system more advanced than the Apollo. It's OK but does not offer proportional braking. Would consider Air Force One or something similar.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:30 AM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Scott, unfortunately, I agree with Bob. I asked for several specials that were after market items that Newmar did not normally install. I didn't get any.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was planning on buying the items at RVUpgrades.com. Although I heard the owner was suspect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

javajelly - could you elaborate on this? I purchased my Blue Ox towbar and baseplate from this site and was contemplating ordering more stuff.

Thanks
Awan
Awanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Awan, Scott is just kidding....The owner of rvupogrades is indeed NOT suspect...LOL!!

I've ordered many items from rvupgrades and they're even a corporate sponsor of this very site...

Scott was having some fun....I'll rap him on the knuckles tomorrow when he gets here in Nappanee...

Speaking of Nappanee,I'm glad I bought a YELLOW Hummer since it's snowing to beat the band outside, already more than the 3 inches they predicted....
Old 02-06-2007, 10:16 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
That statement was a joke. I thought I had put a little smiley face near it.

I know one of the owners who posts on this forum.

I have heard nothing but, great things about RVUpgrades. I certainly apologize if it is taken out of context. Will edit immediately.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:30 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thanks for the clarification.

I have had nothing but great service from RVupgrades!
Awanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:42 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Awanderlust:
Thanks for the clarification.

I have had nothing but great service from RVupgrades! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You and every other customer who ever bought from them. They're a class act.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:42 AM   #11
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You can't miss the YELLOW in the snow.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:45 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:

Speaking of Nappanee,I'm glad I bought a YELLOW Hummer since it's snowing to beat the band outside, already more than the 3 inches they predicted.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope that the locals don't get it confused with all those yellow buggies running around. It looks like they all subscribe to Henry Ford's idea of color selection.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:14 PM   #13
cwg

[QUOTE]Originally posted by javajelly:

------------------------------------------------

I am not sure the Sanicon will be put on there by Newmar, but when I was there in Dec. I had them wire the two 10 or 6 guage wires to tie in to the Sanicon's leads. It was easy to install myself as the model I chose had bayonet clips which fastened right on the end of the sewer connections. Lannie Stigall, the owner of Sanicon suggested that model as it is the easiest to install and easy to access should it ever get momentarily stopped up. ( It only takes a screwdriver to turn the screw located on the end of the pump). I have really been pleased with the unit and wish I had put it on my previous coaches.

Lannie told me that many companies are adding it as OEM equipment on 2008 models, perhaps even Newmar. Of course several manufacturers already have it as an option and I understand it is the secondmost ordered option for Monaco.
]
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:19 AM   #14
Administrator Emeritus

Got the chance to meet forum member "javajelly" this morning as he was waiting for the tech to come out to his coach...Had a nice chat!

I'm thinking he's going to meet Darla at 1:00 and see the tour...
Good luck with THAT!!