Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2018, 12:28 AM   #1

In Ventana, is entire basement heated by Oasis or just wet bay

I've asked this in the middle of other threads but never gotten a good answer.

So, is just the wet bay heated by the oasis, or is the entire basement area heated and kept above freezing? Among other reasons, I'm wondering about the hot water line to the generator. Even if the shutoff to it is closed, based on pictures, it looks like the shutoff valve is outside the wet bay.

Is there just one radiator in the wet bay, or multiple in basement? Is there air flow from wet bay to rest of basement?
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2018, 05:26 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just one thermostat...screwed to the front wall of the wetbay near the Water Pump Controller...which control the fans on the one heat exchanger above the off door side control panel area. The other compartments just share what heat they can get thru openings here and there above compartment dividers. Sadly, I do not know which zone that exchanger is on...guess I could play with one of those laser aimed thermometers
Old 07-07-2018, 12:39 PM   #3

We spent several weeks this past January in Nappanee (8*F) with snow and below freezing temps. and nothing froze; everything worked fine. I have the hot water line in the genny area. That did not freeze but I did not use it either.

AFAIK the register in the wet bay is the only one.

I talked to an Oasis tech about the wet bay register operation. I am not 100% sure of this, but it seems this register operated independently of the wall thermostat-sort of like its own zone. If the wet bay temp sensor reads 40* or less the register will kick on as long as either/both the Oasis AC elements and/or burner is on. I remember thinking it is all automatic and nothing to adjust.
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, vent, ventana